Lug Nuts

Apollyon12

Can somebody fill me in on why aftermarket wheel need "special" lug nuts? Other than getting a mad tyte tint, dude. I though that most or all nuts had a locating cone on them to center the bolt (and bolt circle) with the rim.

I have the spline drive nuts that came with my car and I really hate having to use the special key. I would prefer to use a standard socket instead. I also will need to use these on a set of OEM rims during the winter.

What I currently have:

98-0419L-2.jpg

What I would like:

218139339_o.jpg

What I want to stay away from:

237201920_o.jpg

Is there a reason (other than correct size) that the black ones won't work for my aftermarket wheels as well as the OEM's? And what is the stud info, such as 1/4"-20 or 1/2"-13 (Yes, I know they are going to be metric)?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
some aftermarket rims require lugs with a different taper than the stock lugs.

as to how does a guy tell the difference between rims that actually DO require special lugs, and a company that's just trying to gouge its customers for "special" lugs that aren't really needed,
default_additional_sillylol.gif

wzrd

as to how does a guy tell the difference between rims that actually DO require special lugs, and a company that's just trying to gouge its customers for "special" lugs that aren't really needed,
default_additional_sillylol.gif
Trust your suby teck for proper advice;)

Latest posts

Back