March 11th- SCCNH Rallycross

RallyK

Since team O i have rear seats in. It's a daily driver and has DOT tires so it's legal. suspension is from an outback and suspension is technically a sporty upgrade. the engine swap is technically a within-model update. so should be ok i would think. It's gray line.

R

rallyXcramps

guess i'm out too. Dont have a car that meets the sissy rules.

R

redlinerally

they are really locking themselves into a tight crowd by limiting these types of cars. sure, antonio, pedro, me, steph jaz, and lots of others CAN do it... but the dedicated guys, the ones who attend EVERY event won't be able to make it because of these restrictions.

It's too bad. I feel like this is setup to fail. Anyone share that thought?

katnip

the car is black. I swear
funny thing is, pooh is such a tight course, a purpose built car will do little good. All about the driver at pooh

RallyK

I emailed Paul to see if there's room left at the WinterX and how strict he is on the rules:

Kristin,

Thanks for your note. We have plenty of room for more entries, bring 'em on! The reason for the "street-legal, registered" cars is a request of the land owner...so we can't argue much there. Rally cars which are registered are fine as well... If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to call me at (603) 986-1217.

Thanks,

Paul

RallyK

Awesome! Hope to see you both there!

So... I think they're more concerned about Rally tires than anything else.

RallyK

SCCNH WINTER-X REGISTRATION UPDATE:

First off, thank you very much to the 20+ folks who have pre-registered for this event, we very much appreciate your interest and support! For those of you are still on the fence and haven't made up your mind if you're entering the event yet or not, you WILL be able to register at the event - no worries! Registration will be open at 9:00am and the first car off will be at 10:00am - please try to be there for 9:00am if you'd like to register at the event. Entry fees: $40 for members and $50 for non-members. Recognized member clubs are: SCCNH, KSCC, SCCV, CMC, and CART. Thanks...

WHAT'S LEGAL:

I think there may still be a little bit of confusion out there regarding what a "purpose-built" racecar is as it pertains to this event... this event is open to just about any 4-wheel vehicle as long as it's legally registered to drive on the street and is using DOT tires. What we won't allow is something like a full-on race car (a stock car or roadracing car with open exhaust for example). Anyone interested in using their legally registered rally-x car or their rally car with DOT tires is certainly welcome to participate. The key here is that the vehicle needs to be legally registered and must use DOT tires. Also, if you'd like to run your car in one of the three "studded" classes we'll have this Sunday, the studs need to be DOT approved as well - super studs and screws will NOT be allowed. Hopefully this explanation clears up any confusion that may still exist... if not, please send an E-mail to me with your questions and I'll try to answer any questions you might have as quickly as possible.

LUNCH, BEVERAGES & GASOLINE:

Due to the fact that we won't be close to a "Quick-Mart", a gas station, a deli or a pizza shop, please be sure to bring your lunch, snacks and beverages with you to the event. Also, please be sure to fill up with whatever amount of fuel you think you'll need for the event BEFORE you arrive. There's really not time to "run out and get gas" between runs... so please be prepared.

SCCNH WINTER-X AWARDS:

We'll have trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in all six classes. These awards will be presented immediately following the event - so plan to hang out for the awards. By the way, the six classes for this Sunday's event are as follows: FWD, RWD, AWD and FWD with studs, RWD with studs, AWD with studs.

That's about it from cold and windy North Woodstock, NH today. By the way, I've attached the SCCNH Winter-X event flier to this E-mail which has the directions to Pooh Corner Farm on it - just incase you need them. Thanks again to everyone who pre-entered for the event and special thanks to the Duplessis family for allowing us to host this event at theior farm and for helping us get ready for it. We'll see many of you at the Pooh Corner Farm this Sunday!!!!

Take care and stay warm,

Paul Giblin - President, SCCNH

-=Lobstah=-

Hey Lobstah (and anyone else) you still planning on going and where are you going to be driving from?
Yeah, I'll be leaving around 8-9 am from Auburn, if you want we can meet up somewhere

Trainable

Hey Lobstah (and anyone else) you still planning on going and where are you going to be driving from?
Yeah, I'll be leaving around 8-9 am from Auburn, if you want we can meet up somewhere
Cool I live in Durham so like 20-30 min away. I am still not sure if I am going, but I should def know by the group drive and we can discuss it then.

Rightseat

Mr. Prodrive will be pedaling RallyK's not-blue demon impreza. K is also driving, me thinks that little car is gonna get quite the workout. The Pooh Corner course offers excellent opportunity for Scooby spankage.

NP will already be up there Sat, for XC ski date w/g/f and Henri the Rally Spaniel.

Look forward to meeting STMahs up they-ah. Them whut don't show are....sissywimpboringlametrailer-queen LOO-SARs!
default_wink.png
8) :-X >
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back