Matts 06 wrx

Matt

I ended up leaving it for the insurance guy and it rained after today. It was really weird though. Like the rain made it come to the surface or something. I ended up peeling the roof and hood and washing it down. Appears the majority of the panels are aluminum but the roof is sheet metal. Only spot to rust.

Insurance guy called later tonight and gave me the numbers. Friggin 5k to repair the car... I about died. I ordered new headlights that I'll have to take apart and repaint and I got 04-05 taillights as well. The stock spoiler got eaten away from this stuff so I think I'll have the holes filled and go wingless and I'll take care of the wheels. Perfect opportunity to change things up so color is up in the air but I'm feeling a matte red with matte black. Thoughts on color?

Matt

Pretty certain that's an Sti limited trunk. Depending on what happens to the car ( may be putting an engine in it ).

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Something around that green color.... Maybe a bit darker.
v2labs-mystery-meat-2-subaru-wrx.jpg

Visonik

Matte red with matte black would be dope!

Personally, I like more subtle colors but since it's not my car, red would be awesome.

If I may suggest, I remember when I was looking into color choices you liked that Frozen Gray with red wheels I put a picture of.

SUBIEFEST-03.jpg

Matt

I had come across this and liked it but I do love that frozen gray

sebu6apa.jpg

8e9e2avu.jpg

Obviously not with the black decals and doors.

Visonik

I love the gray, but that red is super nice. I just like a more subtle look and the red screams, "Hey! Look at me! Pull me over if you're a cop! Do it!"

I'd do the gray with red wheels. That'd look mean.

Edit: this picture is with the other one too.

SUBIEFEST-02.jpg

The red wheels and tails look killer. With a black gloss roof I think it'd look incredible on your car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

So I've had a really bad lean condition with afr all over the place. Found a small hole in the turbo inlet so I got a new one. Afr is steady while cruising but once I hit boost she goes full lean. This isn't fun anymore. Still hits boost target but injector latency is sorta low about 65%. Suggestions???

qery8y8y.jpg

Matt

Figured it all out tonight. The maf sensor was apparently slowly dying and caused my lean stumble and recently a full on lean condition under the slightest throttle input. It never threw a code though! We had that Sti out back that I blew up so I swapped it out just to see. Cars boosting in the low 11s now. Stupid turbo car

Matt

Yea I just sanded the entire car down and had it primed. I'm just going to dip it red and black and put some cash into it for other things. I could of painted it but if this happens again it'll be easier for me to fix.

Latest posts

Back