Matts 06 wrx

Matt

I need to play with the launch control a little. Has it set to 4800 and it obviously hauls off the line but as soon as I hit 2nd gear it would bog. I'm wondering if lowering the launch would effect how quick the turbo spools again. Keeping the power up

JoshP

Depends on a few things Id think.  Is that spark or fuel cut LC?  How much boost are you making before launching?  Not an expert but I would think bogging 2nd is from too soft a bpv spring.  Unless you're cutting fuel and not making boost on launch. 

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if it's cobb, it's fuel cut and you can make quite a bit of boost from it(upwards to 17psi! i dont' think lc has anything to do with you bogging in 2nd though...

Matt

Hrmmm. It was about 11psi or so launching. Tuned for I think 17-18. First time I've ever noticed it but I also never use launch control

Matt

Well been a long time since I updated this. Ended up figuring out I was just launching at to low of an rpm. Would drop way below the target boost rpm and would take to long to build rpm. Cranked it up a few rpm and it was fine after.

Finally killed off the stock clutch after 130k miles. This spring it'll be getting a nice upgrade and a tune so she'll be ready for race season. I intend to race at beech ridge and maybe Oxford a few times. Car should be good for 300hp no problem after the tune. I've also got some tgv's I got so I'll take them apart and do that mod.

Last thing to do is tune the coil overs so it's not so stiff.

Matt

That's the plan. Just pulling the butterfly off and porting it a bit. There's a nice write up in nasioc. Can't install them until I get a tune sent to me though. Limp mode crap

Matt

Anyone have a good clutch /flywheel suggestion. I ran the exedy pro on the legacy for about two weeks until the trans blew. Required to hold 300++ hp.

Visonik

Anyone have a good clutch /flywheel suggestion. I ran the exedy pro on the legacy for about two weeks until the trans blew. Required to hold 300++ hp.
Isn't it the torque that'll kill it? What torque are you making at the wheels?

Also, wouldn't you rather use a weaker clutch? that way your clutch will fail before your tranny instead of your clutch holding while you blow a gear. from what i understand guys with 400+ awhp/tq are using stock clutches for that reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Well sadly this story has come to an end. My ex wife's bf crashed her 4Runner and she needed a new car. She was a co signer in the wrx and needed to get off the loan and frankly I did too. Two car payments is tough when you're single. So I made a huge sacrifice and let the car be traded in so she could get something new. Killed me to be honest. I'll miss this thing immensely. I still have my harley so maybe I can trade for something else. Kinda missing my old rs

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Damn dude. That's a stand up thing to do though. Her boyfriend crashed her car, so you give up yours. Not many guys would do that. I think I'd personally tell her that her boyfriend better take care of that.

Marino

I <3 BOOST
man that's too bad
default_frown.gif

Latest posts

Back