Matts First Gen SS

urabusturbo

I'm afraid I have to agree with Garrett. Imho these cars have a classic style that does not mesh well with tacky bodykits and wings. Simply de-chroming the exterior and adding a nice set of wheels with a slight drop is all it takes to make it look just unique enough for a Subaru enthusiast to appreciate without getting the unwanted attention from every ricky ricer on the road.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
You decided to purchase a classic car which helped make C. Mcrae and Subaru an icon. You now own two of the coolest models Subaru has ever created, an easy feat by no means, and for that we thank you.

Carter

Administrator
You decided to purchase a classic car which helped make C. Mcrae and Subaru an icon. You now own two of the coolest models Subaru has ever created, an easy feat by no means, and for that we thank you.
And hopefully he doesn't screw it up with a shit ton of zip ties like someone here.

Matt

Well valve cove gaskets and plugs and wires were tonight's goal. 3 10mm bolts per side and they were off. Clearly covered in oil. The gaskets actually broke in pieces as I removed them. Prob original from 93!!! No wonder they leaked. While I was in there I threw in some new plugs and swapped out the wires. On the ride home the damn thing developed one sweet misfire. I figured it was blowing up!!! Got home and found a wire wasn't seated right... Crisis averted

gy2eha7u.jpg

e9y4a3us.jpg

Used a little Toyota "black cheese" silicone as a little back up. I love this stuff

7ugu9yja.jpg

An I was really impressed how clean it was in there for a 20 year old car.

gemuguty.jpg

Matt

ill do some more water pumps to bump my supply!!!

so this thing needs more noise....stock is to quiet so im looking around for a decent exhaust that wont break the bank, looking for a 3 inch down pipe and some sort of muffler. ill make the center section out of 3 inch tubing.

Matt

Small update

Got rid of the stock seats with the gaping hole and stained beyond the ability to be cleaned. Swapped in my leather rs seats. All the bolts lined up perfectly except for one. Seats sit a little higher than stock so it'll take a little time to get use to.

vera8u9u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

No there's two bolts that go through the trans tunnel on the stock seats. The rs seats only had one spot. So it's secured by 4 bolts rather than 5.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
that's why i got rid of my 05 wrx seats, i didnt like that they sat up higher then the stock ones.

Matt

i dont know of any seats thatll sit lower or at the same level as the stockers. i know these legacy seats are low, the rs seats are alittle higher and my wrx seats are really high...

Latest posts

Back