Matts First Gen SS

Matt

Picking it up from Floyd at the meet. I was pre planning install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

So boost gauge is acquired. Ill hook it up tomorrow hopefully and see where I'm at for boosts!! Just need to figure out where to mount it. It's kind of a bigger gauge so I don't want it to stand out to much.

yparehy4.jpg

So the build has been discussed with Mikey and we've decided what ill be doing.

Vf39 turbo

Front mount with custom tubing made by Mikey

Sti injectors

Dohc na heads

Robstune

3 inch turbo back exhaust.

Ill need to think about the wheel and tire situation for a bit. I kind of like the stock 15 inch wheels for the sleeper effect but Id like a decent set of 17s also. Decisions.... Anyone want to trade!!

urabusturbo

You should do some suspension work before putting 17's on it. I had 17's on mine with stock height and I thought it looked pretty goofy. I think the 16" snowflakes found on the second gen 2.5gt look great on a SS especially when painted gold or bronze. If you wanted to stick to a 15" wheel I have a set of the somewhat rare five spokes that came on my first SS many years ago.

Imprezah

Proven winner with the vf39 and dohc heads!

This has got to be one of the most cost effective performance platforms in existence.

uha8yry7.jpg

I think the 1rst gen legacy ss 15" are pretty retro-cool. And would look great gold.

Matt

We figure with all those mods it would be around 280 whp which is fine with me for awhile.

Maybe I will swap my rs bilsteins/eibachs over to the ss and figure out a new platform for the rs.

Rims are last on the list right now anyways so plenty of time to get it done, well almost... Plan is to be done before wbm

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
We figure with all those mods it would be around 280 whp which is fine with me for awhile.

Maybe I will swap my rs bilsteins/eibachs over to the ss and figure out a new platform for the rs.

Rims are last on the list right now anyways so plenty of time to get it done, well almost... Plan is to be done before wbm
I have forester struts, those would go great on the RS!

sooch

Type-RA
buy mikes wheels, they be baller. I've got some 05 legacy 5 spokes that look cool on the older chassis. Im looking for something different this spring with the new'ish' car

Ray

The Northernah'
Very jealous Matt! I like the idea of leaving it mostly stock looking, just tint and make it pristine on the outside!

Matt

Yea I'm thinking so to but I'm always changing my mind so who knows.

Boost gauge is ghetto installed. Didn't have time to make a mount or even figure out where to permanently mount it so its chillin on the dash next to the pillar. On the ride home it would pull pretty easily to 11 lbs. Hit 12ish at one point and fuel cut. Boooo. Needs a bigger turbo.

Ray

The Northernah'
How does it compare to the RS power wise right now, just out of curiosity?

WashmyScooby

I went for a ride last night and it goes good! I would say it would give a stock bugeye a pretty good run. Looking forward to see the transformation!

Latest posts

Back