Mini Group Drive

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Final Changes Made- Meeting Place and Times

Adam (Impreza05) and I have been going back and forth about getting a small group drive together before the holidays get started. The day will be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the 25th of November. We will be heading up to Rangeley for a loop that will consist of about 5 hours of driving along with a few stops for snacks and pictures. We'll be meeting at the Auburn Park and Ride off the highway (exit 75) Wednesday around 12 noon and get back late afternoon for drinks and food at Gritty's. Also, I have bought three of the charity Thanksgiving Dinners at Hannaford in the name of mainelysubaru.com, so if you want to feel good and get in the giving spirit of the holidays, a small donation would be awesome!

So, What To Remember:

-November 25th at the Park and Ride off Exit 75 In Auburn

-Meeting at 12 Noon and getting back around 6pm

-Participation in the Thanksgiving Charity would be appreciated

...and because of some other threads that got heated...

This is a group ride, maintaining safe speeds and respecting the locals of the areas we are visiting.

1- MikeD

1.1- Impreza05 (sorry Adam)

2- RaysRS

3- 2point5RS_Dan

4- STiXXX

5- greasemonkey

6- GClark

7- Iboc_C64

8- 4WRXter

9- Gate4jg

10- rangeleyrally_dg

11- Spiller1327

12- RallyBlue

13- NOBOOST

Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm down. I'll be back from school then.

I'm willing to help plan routes + other stuff with ya'll, so just let me know.

Impreza05

What, how come I'm not on the list yet?
default_additional_ponder.gif
Some dirt sounds great!!!!

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I'm down. I'll be back from school then.
I'm willing to help plan routes + other stuff with ya'll, so just let me know.
Yeah, some help in that area would be greatly appreciated! I was thinking those roads you took after the group drive in October down near Freeport?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Yeah, some help in that area would be greatly appreciated! I was thinking those roads you took after the group drive in October down near Freeport?
We might be able to make that happen. I'll PM you a google maps of the route I usually do at some point today.

Stein

Stein
Ironically, last night some of my friends were telling me that Freeport was a goldmine of good roads.

I think they said South Freeport specifically, but I don't remember.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Here's the route I was thinking of.

Here's what I told MikeD:

It takes about an hour and is in mostly Pownal, Durham, and New Gloucester. We can stop along the route too, there's a pond, Bradbury Mountain (not sure if it'll be open), etc. If it's a nice day, a drive up to Gloucester Hill would be sweet for those who haven't seen the view up there. I can also go out and explore more to make the route longer. Good place to meet up is the Auburn Park and Ride.

The great thing about this route is we can head towards Auburn, Freeport, for food or something after.

It's more of a cruise route then a blast down it route like Bear Notch, the turbo guys who just wanna go fast probably wont enjoy it.

stiXXX

I like to drive.

Slow, fast, no matter.

Sunny? Let's drive!!

Snow storms? Gimme' my keys!
default_smile.png

I'd like to go on this drive, schedule permitting.

Pownal/New Gloster is Sheriff heavy, but it's scenic & the roads are nice-a good drive.

The Bear Notch thread, btw, was innocent enough, but certain folks like to add hysteria where none was ever necessary-so the notion ( and they) Failed.

Anyhow, if the weather permits, & no conflicts arise, I'd love to go!

ValentineOne, walkies, & all.
default_biggrin.png

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Looks good to me. An hour is plenty long.
I'd like to start somewhere a bit more south, but that's just me
default_smile.png
An hour isn't long in the grand scheme of things. The October group drive was all day. This weekend I've driven 3 hours Friday and yesterday, and I have to do it again today. Sisters school then my school.

As for the starting point, map out a creative route to get there and enjoy the ride. If multiple people want it else where we can do that too. It's difficult to make everyone happy.

I like to drive.Slow, fast, no matter.

Sunny? Let's drive!!

Snow storms? Gimme' my keys!
default_biggrin.png

I'd like to go on this drive, schedule permitting.

Pownal/New Gloster is Sheriff heavy, but it's scenic & the roads are nice-a good drive.

The Bear Notch thread, btw, was innocent enough, but certain folks like to add hysteria where none was ever necessary-so the notion ( and they) Failed.

Anyhow, if the weather permits, & no conflicts arise, I'd love to go!

ValentineOne, walkies, & all.
default_biggrin.png
My bad bro, turbo car comment was more about the roads and my intend on a drive, not about that thread. If ya'll decide you wanna take my route and have me as point car, I'll be keeping it all civil speeds. I can't afford any tickets, the scenery is nice anyway. Sheriff heavy is correct.

i-wagon

looking at your map, you could add about 20 min of dirt time in the south end of auburn. hobart and fickett roads are dirt, and if you loop up jordan school from pownal rd, turn right on to hobart and right on to ficket, you'll come out further down pownall rd. jordan school rd is rough as heck, but, ficket rd is fun. i like going out there after work

idk if i'm working that day, but if not, and gas mnoney permitting i'll probly be there. i'm in auburn 5 days a week anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

ok 9 minutes:p but google time doesn't account for how rough jordan school rd is. it's not so bad i wouldn't drive on it, it just sucks in a dump truck

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Hey, whatever works for you guys. Folks going on this ride seem to know a lot more about some good local roads than I do. Matt, Dan and Nate, if you want to figure this out between the three of you, that's great! I do think that we should be back to Auburn or on our way home before night fall though for those who are traveling for Thanksgiving or just to rest up for a day of eating. I'm really excited about the effort you guys are putting into getting a sweet route down, awesome!
default_smile.png

-----Added 11/8/2009 at 03:00:31-----

looking at your map, you could add about 20 min of dirt time in the south end of auburn. hobart and fickett roads are dirt, and if you loop up jordan school from pownal rd, turn right on to hobart and right on to ficket, you'll come out further down pownall rd. jordan school rd is rough as heck, but, ficket rd is fun. i like going out there after work
idk if i'm working that day, but if not, and gas mnoney permitting i'll probly be there. i'm in auburn 5 days a week anyways
I can help out with gas money if you can get my hellas back up and running:)

rsalomon13

ok 9 minutes:p but google time doesn't account for how rough jordan school rd is. it's not so bad i wouldn't drive on it, it just sucks in a dump truck
Jordan School Road doable in an STi? I would love to hop on this drive and to hit some dirt.

Latest posts

Back