Mini Group Drive

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Hrm, Well, Once we get some snow fall, I'll figure out what roads are being used this winter by the loggers for some super fun off roading snow runs.. (assuming you want to drive to Bangor for some fun of your life)(and this won't be just parking lot drifting y0) That's if anyone is interested..

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Less than two weeks to go. I like Dan's route plan, but I also know that a few other guys have some other ideas. I think that it was be good to have something solid in place soon so more folks who are on the bubble can decide if they want to come along. Or....if the group would like to decide what to do when we meet up at the Auburn Park and Ride, we can make an adventure out of it. What does everyone think?

Stein

Stein
Adventure sounds fun, but not great for those who have somewhere to be afterwards. I guess there's nothing stopping them from leaving the pack early, but it depends which direction the drive goes in and which direction they have to go in afterward.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm down for whatever. I have the whole day free. I didn't mean to take over with my route suggestion, I just had the google map handy after stomping around the area last time. What ever the majority rules
default_additional_iam.gif

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Ha, I'm really thankful for your suggestions because I am totally clueless when it comes to that kinda stuff. As for those who are not too sure about the "decide when we meet" option, we will be back in Lewiston/Auburn by 6pm.

Iboc_C64

When & where... whateverm its all good to me, as long as I don't need to drive all the way across the state and back. My only limitation is whether or not something unexpected will pop up and rob my of my recreational money. Happen's more often than I would like unfortunately.

stiXXX

Is Bear Notch on the route?
default_biggrin.png

Roflmao!

(I found out that the Official Group Drive ran Bear Notch, um, SEVERAL times, and NOT SLOW...)

Makes all that hub-bub in my thread A Joke, now!)
default_biggrin.png

Let me know final routes asap, pleeze!

Kristof

Banned
Is Bear Notch on the route?
default_biggrin.png
Roflmao!

(I found out that the Official Group Drive ran Bear Notch, um, SEVERAL times, and NOT SLOW...)

Makes all that hub-bub in my thread A Joke, now!)
default_biggrin.png

Let me know final routes asap, pleeze!
yes there was an extreme lack of slow on our second bear notch run lol

i would love to go on this but wifey is working and then when she gets home we have to head to mass for thanksgiving

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I think that the route is going to be a little closer to home, in the Freeport area. The way it looks right now, we're going to meet Wednesday the 25th at noon and decide what to do from there. Bear Notch would be fun, but we're looking for more dirt than pavement this time around! I'm still open to suggestions, but time is going to limit our choices this time around.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Still got some nice dirt up this way.
default_smile.png
If there is enough to cover a few hours of driving, we can decide about when we meet up Wednesday. I'm up for anything.

Impreza05

I was just thinking of the exploring aspect. I know the Reeds mill rd. in Madrid appears to be long I'm not sure if it is all dirt. Then there is the Byron Rd. over toward Weld.

Iboc_C64

If Byron road is the one in Weld that runs past the foot of tumbledown, then as far as I know its all dirt. Problem is, its either beat pretty bad, or not well maintained. I climbed tumbledown this summer and with nobody else on the road the best I could manage was 40 in a straight and almost 30 in the turns. My WRX was sliding at that point. There is also a lot of loose gravel, nickel to quarter sized stones are sometimes the chief component of the road surface especially in the turns. There are some ditches that I had to go slowly through otherwise I would have bottomed out.

Reeds mill in Madrid... I believe that runs out from Rt. 4 at the bridge near a run down building with a sign reading "LAND, LOTS 4 SALE". Its not all dirt, actually I have been out there about 5 miles or more and if I remember right, its all paved, but very narrow and often has a layer of loose gravel on the surface. Does everyone else have RA flaps? If we are gonna ride these roads, I wanna ride up front, or behind someone with flaps. BTW, if we are gonna ride roads in this area, we should get RangeleyRallyDG to at least give us his oppinion. He knows the roads around Rangeley somewhat south of there as well. If we ride these roads, that's great, its practically Local to me!!!

-----Added 11/15/2009 at 06:50:29-----

Hrm, Well, Once we get some snow fall, I'll figure out what roads are being used this winter by the loggers for some super fun off roading snow runs.. (assuming you want to drive to Bangor for some fun of your life)(and this won't be just parking lot drifting y0) That's if anyone is interested..
I know some pretty kick ass roads in Stratton too. Just make sure you don't have any Identifiable markings. One of the locals up there called in our companies surveying truck to the head of operations for the wind farm, apparently he felt we were driving too fast. I'm pretty sure I never broke 25 in the company truck though, so it must have been someone else
default_frown.gif
. There are a few out there that nobody lives on, problem is, you never know when you will meet a logging truck. I think I have only seen 2 or 3 logging trucks in the 15 or so trips I made up there for work. I really wish I knew if logging operations go on durring weekends. Disclaimer: I have never had my personal car on these roads, but I have seen other Subarus on them.

Stein

Stein
Garrett, I'd let you come with me except that I can't legally until December 1st
default_frown.gif

That dirt road sounds fun, but I don't know if I'll be saying that once we get there. I think its best to avoid dangerous roads like that, in case someone wants to go a little faster when they really shouldn't.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Thanks again to Adam and Ryan. I bet that with all these options, we can come to some sort of agreement come the 25th. I'm excited! Running up front might be a good idea for you Ryan if you're not looking forward to chips in your fresh WRX paint! Flaps are good, but distance behind the car ahead of you is the best bet to avoid baby rocks. Keep these ideas coming guys and bring them along with you when we meet up!

4WRXter

Skier!
Well Ill deffiantly be back for the drive, anyone want a co-pilot? I have a nice camera:D
I don't think my wife is going. She's working that day. If I do end up going I would be glad to have you along. We could talk skiing, Utah, Tele, aaaaalllllllll day long.

Latest posts

Back