My 02 WRX

02 WRX Chris

Got my new bumper and my bigger JDM hood scoop that were painted to match my car
default_smile.png
 Will be putting them both on my next day off.  Time to get rid of the old cracked and scuffed up bumper.  Pics to follow.

02 WRX Chris

so after fighting with my bumper all day sunday....it seems like the company i ordered my bumper from has the WRX model and regular base impreza model on their website backwards
default_additional_oops.gif
   My old bumper didn't have "dips" in it under the tail lights where the new bumper does.  What does this mean???  That the new one doesn't fit!!!!!! 
default_additional_unamused.gif
  its off just enough so that most of the mounting holes don't like up, so I did some research and figured if I got the right bumper mounting brackets that fit the bumper, i would be all set.  I have them on order right now so I hope to get this all together thursday morning!  Stupid parts store.....even though I work at one haha 
default_additional_joker.gif

05RSKID

My old bumper didn't have "dips" in it under the tail lights where the new bumper does.  What does this mean???  That the new one doesn't fit!!!!!!

It will still fit but its a bumper for and 04 or 05 not an 02 

02 WRX Chris

200 from subaru, i paid 139 for mine!  that's a big difference haha.  The brackets I had to order were only 13 bucks a piece so im still making out cheaper than buying a bumper through subaru.  And yes, the bumper doesn't fit until i get those different brackets.

sooch

Type-RA
nice meeting you at napa the couple days ago chris. probably coming in tomorrow after work to get the brake clip kit.... I can never find time to call the dealership and deal with them about ordering the parts.

what car have you been driving in the absence of your car?

02 WRX Chris

I got 2 vehicles I can drive when my WRX is down.  I have an 1980 Z28 camaro and my dad 96 F150.

02 WRX Chris

5jad.jpg

Stock hood scoop

j6y1.jpg

Bigger "JDM" style hood scoop painted
default_smile.png

s98e.jpg

New painted bumper vs old screwed up bumper.  New one looks way better!!!

02 WRX Chris

So...since I have posted in here last time, my motor has most likely spun a bearing.  This happened while I was racing...which kinda sucks but oh well.  Car made it 1 mile from the track and stalled and almost didn't want to fire back up
default_frown.gif
 Parked it and got it towed to Dan's house where it will sit till I get my parts back from Larry's Machine Shop.

I shipped out all of the parts today and they should be there by the end of the week.  I hope in 6-8 weeks, I should get the parts back, motor put in, and I have my fingers crossed to get it tuned!  Ill post what Im going do the block when I get home from school.  I can't remember everything
default_tongue.png

02 WRX Chris

Update!!  Engine should be back up at Dans house by the end of the week.  We have the 26th and 27th set aside to drop the new motor in and button it up!  Once I break the motor in, im gonna get the car tuned and hope all is well!

Last weekend Dan, Rob, and I pulled my motor.  Rob and Meg showed up about 1/2 was through the pull.  Everything came apart pretty easy, only 2 bolts that broke were the ones that mount the radiator, which is an easy fix.  Only took us about 3 hours while shooting the shit
default_biggrin.png

lzj6.jpg

lo6d.jpg

ff9d.jpg

cdgu.jpg

Latest posts

Back