My 2011 STI

Boostin11STI

Now that warmer weather is around the corner and more mods will be coming I think it's time to start my journal. Here's my car, it's a 2011 STI Limited in Obsidian Black Pearl.

Just bought it in October of last year with 36,000 mi. on the odometer; my first Subie! It came with an Invidia Q300 which was handy because that's always been my favorite exhaust for the 2.5, and a short shift kit. I added an AEM CAI and COBB AP. I also put some Rally Armor mud flaps on it to save as much of the paint as possible from the sand blasting effect from the winter roads.

Can't wait to do some more modding. I'll be ordering some summer wheels and tires for it in the next week or so. Later in the summer I'd like to put a DP on it and some new pads and rotors. One problem is it has to share the mod money with my other car, a 2004 GTO. Not sure what the end game is with this car, but it is my daily driver so I can't go too crazy and sacrifice reliability.

Thanks for looking,

Wes James

Black is one of my favorite colors, my truck is black(14 ram QC with the 5.7).

As far as mods, my recommendation is don't go too far with power unless you can afford to rebuild the short block with upgraded pistons and rods. The ej257 can be picky.

If you are leaning towards doing autox look at suspension stuff, you don't necessarily need coilovers though. I'm wrestling with this for my BRZ.

I have 2 vehicles, I know the pain of not having enough to go around.

Boostin11STI

As far as power mods go I'll put a DP on it and have it pro tuned then that's it, at least until it's paid for.

I don't plan on touching the suspension. This car's first job is daily driver. A little bit lower would look good, but not on Maine winter roads.

Boostin11STI

The new summer setup for the STI: OZ Ultralegerras wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions.

Mmmmmmm, meaty!

Will probably install them in a few weeks after it warms up some more. Can't wait to see them on the car!

Marino

I <3 BOOST
Those are beautiful!! That's going to look fantastic
default_additional_cheers.gif

I absolutely love gold wheels

Boostin11STI

Thanks guys, I literally spent the entire winter looking at wheels and pics online. I like the way gold and bronze colored wheels look on black Subies. I'll probably do a test fit with one wheel in a few days when I have time. Just to see how it looks and to make sure they clear the Brembos.

Latest posts

Back