My eg33 swap videos

Taiden

Glad you guys enjoy them. I might forget to update this thread, so you can follow it over on rs25 or just subscribe to my channel. Here are two more videos from today

inside the power steering reservoir

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Nice vids.

Makes we want to do a swap... for some crazy reason
default_rolleyes.gif

Know anything about the new 3.6R? I wonder how that would swap into older cars. Probably too big for GC/GFs though.

Taiden

Nice vids.

Makes we want to do a swap... for some crazy reason
default_rolleyes.gif

Know anything about the new 3.6R? I wonder how that would swap into older cars. Probably too big for GC/GFs though.
It would drop right in without any mods and fit better than the eg33, if my limited research on the ez series motors is correct.

Never assume anything

Stein

Stein
It would drop right in without any mods and fit better than the eg33, if my limited research on the ez series motors is correct.

Never assume anything
Huh. Does the funky crank really keep size down that much? Nice.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
The EZ30 and 3.6 drop in just fine. They use timing chains which help keep the size down. The problem is controlling them. Engine management is fussy.

Taiden

The EZ30 and 3.6 drop in just fine. They use timing chains which help keep the size down. The problem is controlling them. Engine management is fussy.
Engine management is only fussy because for some reason people don't consider standalone engine management as an option.
default_cool.png

Stein

Stein
Engine management is only fussy because for some reason people don't consider standalone engine management as an option.
default_cool.png
And by standalone, you mean two stock ECUs? Lol. I had never thought of that until seeing your vids.

Taiden

And by standalone, you mean two stock ECUs? Lol. I had never thought of that until seeing your vids.
No, I mean any of the dozens of options of standalone tunable ECUs. The cheapest being Megasquirt.

When I say standalone in my videos, I mean installing my ECU as a separate entity that does nothing but control the engine. Stock ECUs by definition are not standalone ECUs.

Latest posts

Back