My latest toy... lifted OR lowered with the flick of 10 switches

smelt240

Pics tomorrow, this is a teaser for today.   79 Monte Carlo, 3 pumps, 8 batteries, 8 and 10" cylinders.... bass boat blue metal flake with candy clear, couple sets of 100 spoke Daytons with whitewalls, boxed frame, wrapped a arms, 355, Th350, Flowmasters, Edelbrock carb.......on and on....... this thing is really ignorant! It will fit perfect at my place. I took tomorrow off, we're headed South to pick it up..... needs a bit of welding redone ( they hopped the thing at 40 mph, no good), It just so happens I can do that. came with 4 extra cylinders, 3 more pumps, couple extra dumps, steering wheels, stereo equipment, mural under the trunk... another blue set of 100 spokes, hopping springs.... Im pretty happy with the deal. I might actually keep this one.... I need to head to Bull Moose for some old Dr Dre and Ice Cube CDs now...

smelt240

So the blue car was a rolling POS!  Actually, it wouldnt roll with the whole drivers side suspension and part of the frame torch cut off it.  So we took the trailer for a joyride. I offered $2,000 cash, but he wouldnt take it......  I am on standby right now to go pick up a replica of the 79 Monte Carlo from the movie Training Day.  Lower voltage hydro system (48V vs 96V), but still with 10 switches, and no Daytons for now, but if I get it, it will have them very soon. He is supposed to meet me at the liquor store in NH tonight.  We'll see I guess.......... If this fails my buddy has a 63 Impala SS....hmmmm 

smelt240

Im on standby right now. The black 79 is supposed to be on its way to Richmond as I type this. Ill have pics later today if it shows up. If not, I give up. Theres a T-Type Regal in Lewiston ill go get instead. Hydros on a turbo G body would be funny.

Jamey

No bags on gn common man
default_biggrin.png

smelt240

It SUPPOSEDLY left Westbourough MA at 10:30. If that's true, it should be up here soon. Im not putting much stock in these guys though...

smelt240

Just talked to the owner. Car is in Portsmouth now headed North. Low and Slow!  This is going to be a riot.   Bull Moose tongith for some old Dre/Snoop/Tupac Cds!  As soon as its here, im ordering a set of 13x7 Dayton reverse wires.

smelt240

im on my xbox again  so no pics yet. one word sums up my entire lowrider shopping experience:  FIASCO                             

two words sum up the black 79:  ABSOFRIGGINLOOTLY RIDICUOUS!!!!      

i didnt know how much fun those rappers were having.....hit pancake from full lift and you hit the roof cuz it drops so fast. here from westborough ma on 25 bucks of gas- and at ride height it drives better than my 86 cutlass with 60k and no hydros.  $3500 delivered. paint is garbage- but im going to strip it this winter. daytons on the way. other than i have a WAY nicer int  - its the training day car......               

smelt240

aaaaaaaand   i broke it.   on its way to the shop wed....   hydro ram up thru the trunk. easy fix luckily- few more hops would have caused great peril.....  it ripped the upper frame ear off almost all the way.   lots off little bugs to work out. i guess im too rough on the equipment.

smelt240

OK, car is at the chassis shop down the road.   Things look bad right now, but it will be a lot better very soon.  Were going to build a bridge between the frame rails where the hydros are mounted. It actually ripped the spring mount off the frame completely. 2x6 tubing, with a hole milled out to put the cup back in should do it. Then the frame will get a partial 3/16 or 1/4 inch wrap, dpeending on what he has laying around over there.  Before we start, Im going to shoot a bunch of pics, plus the first ones and upload those all this weekend at my parents place. All I have is this stupid Xbox to go onlin ewith. I DID pick up a usb keyboard. Big difference!   I should be getting somewhere just in time for it to snow.... then the car can go inside and be all reworked under the hood to make it nice and pretty for summer next year. I spoke with the guy today about paint, as soon as its out of the shop someone who has done some nice paint work on here will be getting the car for a couple weeks or so.  Now I need someon eto airbrush a Smelt mural on the trunk haha!   Pics soon, I promise.

smelt240

Rear frame is done, chain bridge is installed, I just need to fab up some bridge pockets to get this thing to lay the rear bumper on the ground. Im heading to Billerca Ma to get some 14" spokes this weekend, What a pain it was getting the broken spring perches off with the body on the car!!! My arm is still really messed up, so im the one armed bandit at the shop... I got all the hydros re-installed, only to find that they located my bridge too low, so now it will drop down to about stock height, but will raise a little over 12" above stock, which is binding the rear suspension just a bit, and putting a bit of extra pinion angle in the mix. So Im going to take my chunk of 6" diameter 5/16"  wall steel tubing, and cut some 6" tall pockets out, cap them, plasma out the bridge, and weld these in to get my cylinders back to where they need to be.  I stopped at the intersection near my house and bounced the front end for a couple minutes, some guy about took his truck off the road when he drove by.. haha!  Once this final fab work is done, it goes to Joe for body and paint!  Ill bring it out to a group meet next spring with the battle wagon for backup...  plus there WILL be a pile of pics as soon as I get my no computer situation squared away. I cant upload from here, and still only have my Xbox at home...

Latest posts

Back