new car registration hell

XDIRTYX

ive had a car that was a monster to keep together so i dont plan on going too crazy with it. id like to hit 12 anything in the quarter and call it good for awhile.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Well think of it this way. To hit 12 in the quarter on a 09 wrx your going to need a bigger turbo and support mods (fuel pump, tune, injectors...etc) plus your probally going to break your tranny. If you get an sti all you need is a turboback exhaust and off the shelf reflash. Both of which can be had for almost no money.

Seeing as your only paying 27500 for the wrx which is a great value just be prepared for some sort of tranny upgrades when it fails. They are super week and will need some upgrades to handle being in a 12sec wrx.

Dont forget the sti isn't just a little quicker either. You get better seats, rims suspension, breaks and a bunch of little things you will never see but that help a lot.

XDIRTYX

the sti isn't really an option at this point, i already ordered the wrx with tons of options so i think they would be pissed if i changed my mind now. plus the payment would be too much, i can always buy an sti tranny later
default_frown.gif

08WRXME

Not to jump off track, or back on....

I bought my 08 from Ocean and had to register it in maine. Sales price was 22K and I paid 1100 in Sales tax, and 600 in Excise. With my 09, I only have to pay on the cash value, so instead of paying the 5% on the 24500 sticker, I pay it on the 16K and change I get after they subtract my trade in. I think i am looking at 800 in sales and probably 600 in excise.

For you,

27500*.05=1375+600=2K-prepaid excise on your old car.

ruggedman

You are so right.
Do not doubt me
default_wink.png
I'm usually right
default_additional_iam.gif

I'm the guy with the stage 2 supporting mods that runs stock boost, why? Because until I have a spare tranny or something better to go in if it pops I dont want to have to deal with it. Sad that a supporting mod on a WRX is a transmission but it is.

Love my car, but the transmission does ruin a lot of the fun.
default_wink.png

XDIRTYX

ya i called the dmv and they said sales tax minus the trade so im only getting taxed on about $14k which is 700 and another 700 for excise plus reg and plates. so about 1500, just gross

so im buying a new wrx and i was trying to guesstimate how much its going to cost to register. im getting from ocean subaru in nh and i live in maine. am i going to have to pay sales tax and excise, i think they said my current reg will give me a break on sales tax. i know excise will be around $750 because the sticker is around $31k. ive seen a few people have bought out of state so i was hoping you could shed some light on this. btw im getting a 2009 swp wrx premium which there are zero for sale in new england, they got one the last 2 comming into new england
default_cool.png
. the other is going to conn.
Evergreen has a SWP WRX Premium. We have had it for a month. The price is $27k delivered. The car has fogs, all weather mats, and tint. Always check the Evergreen boys when shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
which there are zero for sale in new england, they got one the last 2 comming into new england
default_biggrin.png
. the other is going to conn.

That sounds exactly like what I would say if I was trying to sell you a wrx.
default_cool.png

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
There are 0 iphones for sale in new england so you better buy one of the 2 I have left because the other one is already spoken for.
default_cool.png

XDIRTYX

evergreen has a 4 door im getting a 5 door. trust me there are zero swp premium 5 doors anywhere. there is a damaged one in nj, one in ny that wont trade and one in md that wont trade. i did my research

evergreen has a 4 door im getting a 5 door. trust me there are zero swp premium 5 doors anywhere. there is a damaged one in nj, one in ny that wont trade and one in md that wont trade. i did my research
I didn't realize you were talking about a 5-door. Sorry about that.

XDIRTYX

mp, i could have made it easy on myself and got a black one but no i wanted the nonexistent color combo. my last car was black and was one of the best and worst experiences of my life but all i can remember is the bad...

wzrd

But the tranny is worth the extra cash. For sure....especially if you're used to driving a fwd honda...you'll be in for a real treat when that 5mt pops in 10-20k.
default_cool.png
Say it aint so:spinmastert: im just hittin 20k.No launching and not my first time with a clutch tho:pshould be able to get more miles then that out of her...stop scareing the guy;)

ruggedman

Say it aint so:spinmastert: im just hittin 20k.No launching and not my first time with a clutch tho:pshould be able to get more miles then that out of her...stop scareing the guy;)
Really depends on how you drive. If you flog a stage 2 '09 WRX on the drag strip and shift it like you do a FWD and launch it with 5500 rpm clutch drops that thing ain't gonna last long. If you drive it like you have to drive AWDs it'll behave much longer. Since you learned on it you had no other ideas of what it should work like...you might be better off. When i first started driving AWD coming from cable operated FWD shifters I'd bork an AWD tranny in no time (see my 3rd gear on my '91 Legacy Turbo).

wzrd

Really depends on how you drive. If you flog a stage 2 '09 WRX on the drag strip and shift it like you do a FWD and launch it with 5500 rpm clutch drops that thing ain't gonna last long. If you drive it like you have to drive AWDs it'll behave much longer. Since you learned on it you had no other ideas of what it should work like...you might be better off. When i first started driving AWD coming from cable operated FWD shifters I'd bork an AWD tranny in no time (see my 3rd gear on my '91 Legacy Turbo).
agreed,hey ..how many miles on your ride?

brochu2ryan

Because I bought it IN NH and i registered it in Maine I had to pay the sales tax and excise tax it probably cost you less because you live here and didn't buy your car in another state?

Latest posts

Back