New decals coming. Designed by YOU!

Nate

Founding Father
Do you know what it would cost to have a 3 color vinyl decal made? We would end up getting them in printed vinyl (this is what we are using now to keep cost down on 2 color decals) People aren't buying them at a couple bucks now... do you think they would spend $15 a decal on 3 color ones?? Doubtful.

WRwagon

Sorta unfortunate that 'MS' already stands for 'multiple sclerosis.'

I ran into a couple VW guys over the weekend who were part of club Grim Water, was admiring how awesome their logo was:

50316_157955828950_8088872_n.jpg

WRwagon

Not a final product (at all) but figured I'd share one of many ideas. I know earlier in the post someone said they weren't diggin the Maine outline, but I tried to make it work anyway. We have an awkwardly shaped state hahaha. Also, I'm sorta going with a Rising Sun type of theme, ya know, cause Subarus are from Japan (get it?). Hey, more Hondas are made in the 'states than in Japan, so we might as well wave that in their faces. Anyway:

firstideajpg.jpg

Let me know what you think / what direction I should go in

Nate

Founding Father
See, not we're getting somewhere. Great job man. Awesome ideas! Work with it. Show me how you might incorporate "MainelySubarus.com" into it.

Stein

Stein
Haha, I like the rising sun background. Only thing is that suddenly the Maine outline isn't very clear.

bigd003

I just wanna say I really like the decal as it is now. Its dope, gotta a nice simple design and easy to read lettering. I'm partial to the swoop as well.

I agree that there is already a "brand" out there, and changing the logo means changing other things for the continuity to remain between the site and the gear.

I don't wanna come off like I am dissing anyone here, because I know personally how tough working on graphics can be, especially when you are under the scrutiny of a group of peers, but the current design is just better than most of the newly proposed iterations. Moose, subie silhouettes, Maine maps, mud flung lettering and things like that are not something I want on my car and doesn't really reflect the image I had perceived for Mainely Subarus.

I would however pay whatever it cost to have a nice cut decal, 15, 20 whatever. I'm only gonna buy one, wanna display it proudly and it might as well be as awesome as I think my ride is
default_tongue.png
How about all of you?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I'm with that guy. Don't mess with it. Very few of these submissions are passable, let alone good.

I just bought a sweatshirt with the current logo on it, would suck to change it two seconds after that.

Matt

yeah same here, just bought my sweatshirt and upgraded to vip, havnt got my decals yet but if they change and i have the old ones itll suck having to buy new ones!!!

WRwagon

Well we don't have to totally redo the logo per se. We should definitely keep the existing logo on the merch and whatnot. But that doesn't mean that we couldn't also have like, some sort of smaller vinyl emblem for cars. A lot of other clubs do that...have like, a small emblem, and then one that has the club name / site spelled out.

Latest posts

Back