New Forester XT project

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Didn't plan on owning another turbo Subaru anytime soon, but was given the opportunity to get one for cheap, so here it is!

Unfortunately the engine was toast, so after doing some searching I found a good engine on ebay through a reputable vendor.

This is after I pulled the ac compressor, alternator, and power steering pump off the new engine.

Unfortunately the oil feed line was broken when it got here, so I had to swap that out, but they did give me a small refund to cover that.

After I swapped that out, I installed a new catless up pipe because I had one, and ended up getting a great deal on a brand new VF48 turbo, that I couldn't pass up, so that went on as well, along with a 2015 STi BPV, and an STi return hose. Also put new plugs in before dropping it in as well.

And here it is all installed with a 2015 STi intercooler

Seems to run great. I put an obx bellmouth downpipe, and it'll be getting some parts from my old XT pretty soon too!

For now, it'll run a COBB ots tune, but I'll most likely get it protuned next year.

This week I'll be installing wrx suspension to replace the broken suspension that's on it, as well as a set of wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Swapped a set of 05 WRX seats into this today.

Getting a big box from New Mexico this coming Friday with some parts from my old XT. Shouldn't be long after that, that this is on the road. Still need to have a windshield put in as well.

IBratmanI

Got some parts from an old member here, Ferrari. He sent me my old cat back from my last XT, as wlel as my intake, radiator cover, and a few other odds and ends. He powder coated the intake an radiator cover before sending them to me.

Took the first on the road test drive today since I bought this. Goes really well. Drives aweaome, and pulls hard.

IBratmanI

Got it registered today and took it on the first real drive since I've owned it. Goes great, nice and smooth.

Latest posts

Back