New from Bridgton

DShane

Hey my name is Dylan and I live in Bridgton and my current vehicle is a 2005 Legacy GT Limited. Prior to this car I had a 2002 WRX. Looking forward to getting to meet some of you guys and also to do some riding and attend the meets. I'll definitely be going to the meet in April.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
For real. Wish I would have known this before buying mine. Lol
At least you are aware of the problem, and so, you can do what you need to-can't claim ignorance
default_smile.png
!

DShane

Are you talking about the problems with the vf40 turbo? Because mines already been replaced with a vf48. Also has already had headgaskets replaced, timing belt maintenance done and clutch replaced all 10k miles ago. Plus I have a 4 year/40k mile warranty on it that covers everything besides fluids and tires so basically it's a worry free car for me. 

Unless you guys are talking about the lack of an aux input, becuase that's my only problem with the car! =P

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
So you have a different intake manifold and everything? There's quite a bit of work involved in changing to that style turbo. Most people upgrade to a VF52 because it shares the same outlet.

DShane

So you have a different intake manifold and everything? There's quite a bit of work involved in changing to that style turbo. Most people upgrade to a VF52 because it shares the same outlet.
Maybe it is the 52 then. I can't remember now I'll have to go double check.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Yeah, the turbo issue is what I was talking about, also the lack of an aux input is quite annoying, especially if, like me, you have automatic climate control.

DShane

Yeah, the turbo issue is what I was talking about, also the lack of an aux input is quite annoying, especially if, like me, you have automatic climate control.
ya i do, i've been reading up on ways to rig one up though. Involves a bit of soldering though and i'm not sure if I trust myself to do it or not haha

Bperry41

Mike did my aux input soldering. The rest is straight forward. I bought it from Red Floyd on lgt.com. definitely worth it

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

DShane

I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna suck it up and buy the kit from jazzy engineering. $110 and you can get an iPod input too which is pretty sweet.

Latest posts

Back