Nice craigslist find for me

Car Whore

So, anyone who knows me knows I have way too many books and magazines. That's why I had to drive 100 miles to Deerfield, NH to pick up this stash of car mags from a guy cleaning out his garage. He just wanted them gone, so for basically just a nice, long drive on a summer's afternoon, I got-

Every Road & Track from 1972-present

Every Hot Rod from 1977-90, and some older ones

Every Car & Driver from 1982-94, and a few more

I fit 6 of the boxes in my trunk, and two more on the front seat of my M3. I think I had about 300 extra pounds of paper in the car, and it felt like it! Here are some pics before I started going through them-

Some of the boxes-

carmagstash003.jpg

A few of the Hot Rods...funny seeing how fads change over the years-

carmagstash001.jpg

He already had them pretty much organized by year, etc-

carmagstash002.jpg

carmagstash004.jpg

Love these '70s covers-

carmagstash005.jpg

Car Whore

That road & track at the bottom of the first pic as peaked my interest...haha.
Ah yes, the Fiat 131 rally car. I haven't read that one yet, but it's pretty cool they have a rally car on the cover! Pre-Group B, also.

I'll have to check the '80s stash to see if there's some Gruppe B action in there....I'm sure there is. Maybe I'll scan all of the rally stuff for you guys.

chappy

Sweet find..I love looking at all the old advertisements for cars, electronics...

I remember stumbling across some old Rolling Stone Magazines from the early 90's and there was a Chevy S-10 ad in there. Those things were sweet back in the day. So funny seeing that stupid thing on the top of some mountain in the grand canyon..

Latest posts

Back