Not making peak boost

DShane

Today my car is making 13.93 psi and the a/f learning is only at like 4 at idle and stays below 1 when moving and zero when coasting. Still sound like a boost leak or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedForester08

This is what you need to do. 3 gear 2500 rpm then full throttle till 6000k.  log the gear, rpm, boost, throttle positon. Stage one is 15psi target with a variance of + or - 1 psi according to cobb. All stock set up. If you set your AP while doing to show boost on the screen you will most likley see the 14.5 to15 range peak boost. up load the log after and we can look at it.

Also log air fuel learning A,B, and C during the pull.

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
High temps are probably bringing that peak boost down. Log td boost error. That will tell you how many psi plus or minus you are from target.

DShane

Ok so log boost, all 4 of the a/f learning ones, and td boost error?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also should I let the car warm up all the way before I datalogg?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DShane

Just logged 3 pulls in 3rd gear will upload to google docs in a bit

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
To me it looks like a boost leak because your car is adding fuel under vacuum (anything under 0 psi on a boost gauge) and you are 2-3 psi under what your target boost should be.

DShane

Ok so how do I track it down? I haven't had a chance to take the inter cooler off and look under there yet.

DShane

Alright so Cobb got back to me really quick. They said to try resetting the ecu first and if that doesn't work it's most likely a boost leak like you guys said and if so I should get a smoke test done.

So where is the closest place to have that done and what does it run?

jojo69

Alright so Cobb got back to me really quick. They said to try resetting the ecu first and if that doesn't work it's most likely a boost leak like you guys said and if so I should get a smoke test done. So where is the closest place to have that done and what does it run? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With my boost leak that was due to the rubber seal, I think Cobb said similar thing. I even called them.
I went down to see Meyagi. I knew from much time googling this issues on GR's where it was (that damn rubber seal), but I wanted confirmation and Meyagi was able to create pressure and identify real quick where it was. fixed it. honest prices, i think $50 for his time. Happy customer. Done and done.

But I don't know where you live, so I'm not sure that's a feasible option for you. I didn't have much know-how of subaru engine to do it myself so I went to see someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DShane

I live in bridgton. I'll message meyagi. I didn't know he could do that.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
i think jojo is referring to the plastic coupler between the intercooler and throttle body if i'm not mistaken?

jojo69

i think jojo is referring to the plastic coupler between the intercooler and throttle body if i'm not mistaken?
Yes, In my case.I was merely trying to say that I did not have the know-how to do it myself and I found that seeking help (via Meyagi in that case) was my way to deal successfully with the issue. The OP has to figure out what works best/easiest for him. I was just trying to share my experience with a similar (yet different) situation.

RedForester08

Most likely is the either intercooler to throttle body or the Y pipe intercooler to turbo.  common on some cars as they get heat cycled

DShane

So I tried resetting the ecu last night. Still not making peak boost but now my a/f learning stays at 0 and never leaves it on all of them. This is good right?

Latest posts

Back