NOW TAKING BETS! How long will my POS last.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yes, I already started a thread for this, I wanted a new one. If you want you can delete the old thread.

Here's what's going on.

I'm taking a 2.5 DOHC block with 240k miles that's been overheated and (apparently) shut off on it's own (seized up?) twice.

Before I tore it down, it sounded fine without any bad knocks or noise. No shiny in the oil.

I'm putting single port 2.2 heads on it from my seized 2.2.

I just bought the cheapest gaskets and stuff I could get on rockauto. I'm not spending a lot on this POS.

Yes, I'm going to assemble the engine correctly, I know how to torque heads on properly and install head gaskets, so we can eliminate error of me putting it together incorrectly.

NOW TIME TO CAST YOUR VOTE ON IT!!!

Post how many miles you think this will go before it fails.

Don't post chatter about how I'm an idiot for doing this etc. Just tell me how many miles you think it's going to last.

Don't post the exact same number as someone else, otherwise you both might win, so you have to fight over the prize.

Yes, there's a prize for the winner (as long as they don't CHAT A LOT) in my thread.

You will win some useless, but cool subaru momento. Maybe a mangled up piston/rod out of the blown engine, a crankshaft that's been sawzalled out, or something.

Now go vote!!! Hopefully nobody wins too soon
default_biggrin.png

PS. If you want to tell me I'm an idiot, I have a thread here.

Ok, so mileage on car WAS 241,662. It's on it's way up! Some of you have already lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
2800mi.

I hope I am wrong, just for your sake.

abenson100

im going for 60k when the timing belt snaps
default_smile.png

as for the prize I all ready have:

block with hole in the side (ninja600R)

boomerang shaped connecting rob (honda d15 hydro lock)

scored to death seized ej25 crank (poor rs motor)

melted piston (vw beetle race engine)

melted connecting rods and bearings (honda d16y8 vtec yo)

decorative td03 from dead saab (they blow up a lot)

if you could mangle and head or snap a cam that would be cool.

in case you didnt notice im kinda rough on my engines. luckily I can put them back together. so if you want help killing this one let me know
default_smile.png

inski

It will never run again! 0 miles.

Kidding Chris. I'm sure it will go 15k until the warped stuff starts interacting with the atmosphere and the guts spill out. But for the sake of this contest my entry is Zero miles.

Latest posts

Back