NOW TAKING BETS! How long will my POS last.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
OK SO VOTING CLOSED

Dan's vote of 35k still stands though!

I will, though, post the current ODO reading in the OP before I get the car going, but as I said. Whenever fedex gets me some head gaskets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So we already have a healthy number of losers. This is a good thing.

Trip to NY and back next week should bump a few more off the list.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I drive a lot because I go to people's houses and fix computers.

But I can't say how many miles are on it.

Except for a bit of piston slap, it's doing just fine. And piston slap is benign.

inski

I'm calling BS. I bet its still in the driveway, turns over but doesn't start. You've abandoned the 'project' and started looking on craigslist for any thing that moves under 500 bucks. Am I right? Pics or its not real!
default_wink.png
;)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have something that moves for under $500, I payed $400 for the car.

Furthermore, what would be the point of taking a picture? This would not prove that the engine works. Merely that I can take a picture and post it on the internet
default_smile.png

It works quite wonderfully, in fact. A bit of piston slap when it starts, but quiets right down when the oil comes up to temp. Like any good old subaru engine
default_smile.png

I'll have it in Bangor tomorrow, come see it run
default_smile.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Somebody is going to win this ... Car is off the road because it was making bad noises. Sorry I didn't drive it till it blew up, tow truck rides are expensive. But more than that, my driveway is really terrible this time of year and a tow truck wouldn't be able to make it up. It's a combo of mud and ice, it would totally ruin it.

So it was in my best interest to get it home and not drive it anymore. Also, seized engines with automatic transmissions suck more than driving automatic transmissions.

Un-seized engines are really easy to R&R. It's almost like cheating compared to a 5speed.

I don't know how many miles are on it at the moment, so next time I'm out there I'll be able to annonce a winner.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I used it to drag GL up the steep hill in my driveway. It complained with A LOT of rod knock. It was kind of sad. But it made it.

I'l yanking the motor out tomorrow. Then getting intake and exhaust gaskets. hopefully as soon as I get the 2.2 it'll be in within a couple hours.

I'm not going to get the timing belt kit in time, so I'll just do it on the car. I can do it without pulling the rad, so it's not a big deal.

Ian Gordon

I hope it doesn't blow and keeps going till the car rots around it...

Latest posts

Back