*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Southern Maine is suppose to get only a couple of inches. If you live above Bangor maybe a foot. Hopefully the last snow of the season. Get ready for MUD season ! 

scubiecraig

I'm already dealing with mud season.  My road is a mess, and so isn't my driveway.  AND... so nice of the propane truck to make a delivery yesterday.. I have huge tire ruts in my driveway now.  

i-wagon

My father's driveway is terrible, I almost need 4wd. Oak how my sister will get the blazerIin and out. I really don't want to plow. Roads are heaved up, shoulders are soft. and I don't want to

scubiecraig

Yeah I am thinking the snowplow on my road will stop where the pavement ends.  I live about another quarter of a mile into the woods from where that point is.  If they do, it's going to make a freakin' mess, but he's usually pretty good this time of year and thinks about those things.  After all, it's more work they will have to put in to fix the road in the spring.

injulen

I live on a dirt road and it was so full of ruts I had a hard time getting through. Luckily it froze back up so I could drive on it yesterday and then they graded the whole thing again today. +1 for Palermo, they have a brand new grader and aren't afraid to use it.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah my driveway is getting rutted up already and there's still 2+ foot tall snowballs on each side of it. It's gonna be a muddy year as all this snow melts!

But I do own 3 lifted subarus
default_smile.png

jojo69

+1 on messed up roads, dirt and tarmac. t'is the season i wish I had a lifted car. Wanna trade for a little while Bratman?
default_smile.png

scubiecraig

It makes me kind of glad I never lowered my Impreza.  While the wheel gap is horrendous, I consider this my first car that is really functional.  I don't have to drive slow over bumps, cracks, etc... I don't have to worry if I'm going to take out my bumper if I don't have time to maneuver around roadkill...  and it certainly helps with a bit of clearance in the snow.

If the roads are worse then last year then I'm not driving the BRZ anywhere soon. I could be mean in saying I'm currently dealing with 60-70 degrees and sunshine, but I'm dealing with 60-70 degrees with overcast skies and a boat that is rolling around so I can't walk straight.

Oh, the BRZ only has 4.5 inches of ground clearance. The gr impreza chassis has almost 6, you guys will be fine.
default_smile.png

i-wagon

I won't tell you what I have for clearance :p these roads are terrible though. Been riding around with my sister in the blazer and I'm feeling shaken up

injulen

Almost entirely snow here in Palermo, started with the little pebble snow like hail, then lots of big fluffy flakes for about 2" of accumulation before dark last night, then it was a bit more wet overnight without much additional accumulation. This morning its freezing rain but closer to snow than rain. 

i-wagon

Is anyone else as frustrated with the forecast as I am? Running a sweeper today, probably plowing tomorrow

Latest posts

Back