*OFFICIAL* Snow Thread

jojo69

Weird to drive with the extra weight of my new, organic and totally environmentally friendly coating: frozen ice!

I'm still tweaking the visibility part...
default_wink.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

That's what I was thinking Mike.  However, Sunday night they are talking anywhere from 6-10", and it's supposed to be a quick mover.  Could be some good hoonage that night.

T

The Asian Persuasion

Sunday night looks like a good night to go out if the storm tracks like they say. 

scubiecraig

Just found out I have to open Monday morning, and if the storm is as big as they say it's going to be, I'll have to get up at the asscrack of dawn to make it in early.... so I probably won't be out drifting.  I wish these storms would happen on a Friday/Saturday night when I don't have to work the following day!

jojo69

Major slushy falling right now. Left Freeport at 6pm and it was major rain downpour! I was hoping the temperature would fall quicker but not so much

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

Took the dog out a little bit ago, and yeah, its all wet crappy stuff.  This could be bad for all the people who do not have power.  This stuff is heavy, and it's only going to make things worse for the already icy conditions.

injulen

The snow really came down FAST in Augusta. My wife and I went into Barnes & Noble and it had just switched over to snow. When we came out it really looked like 3-4" on the ground. Had some fun in the Impreza leaving the marketplace
default_smile.png
Visibility on the ride home was awful though, chugged it back to Palermo at about 40 MPH.

cwiggin

Took the dog out a little bit ago, and yeah, its all wet crappy stuff. This could be bad for all the people who do not have power. This stuff is heavy, and it's only going to make things worse for the already icy conditions.
Not heavy wet stuff here, all powdery fun stuff.

Had a fun drive home from work tonight. Stuff fell fast

SurlyOBS

It's sloppy mashed potatoes out there tonight.  Windham Lowes was fun and someone was there before me judging by the loops around the lot.  By 10pm it was getting deep for my lowered Outback
default_smile.png

urabusturbo

It was coming down hard on my way home. Just wet enough to slide but still get good enough traction underneath to achieve some fast donuts. My dirt road is so much smoother going 60 when I am making fresh tracks in 4" of snow.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm getting sick of this weather. If I was home I'd be fine with it, but I'm on my 8th straight 17 hour day because of this crap.

Latest posts

Back