Offroad/dirty meet.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'd rather wheel than rally because I have a better setup for that. but I'm up for anything getting my car dirty.

b3m. you and your diff lock is a load of crap.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'd rather wheel than rally because I have a better setup for that. but I'm up for anything getting my car dirty.b3m. you and your diff lock is a load of crap.
I too would like to wheel. The wife would kill me of I took her car out to rally it. And yeah, that whole diff lock thing is not possible, but I'm sure that when you have it in 4WD on a hard surface it definitely feels like it has full diff lock, I know mine does, but I actually have a built LSD rear.

But anyways. I dunno when I'd be able to do this, I am very busy for the next few weekends, but maybe a fall thing would work?? It is awesome wheeling on the fall!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Fall would be better for me too! But we may as well start planning now.

I'm gonna be in Canada for a week starting Wednesday, then the next weekend I'm in Boston, then camping in Acadia maybe... so yea. Fall would be awesome!

Ray

The Northernah'
ill be the jeep who pulls people out with my winch and stuff, Im all for this kind of drive as for locations im still thinking.....

Ray

The Northernah'
you should put that on the fozzy
default_biggrin.png

Devon

They're actually not... He's just a regular businessman that doesn't want anyone using the park without paying or destroying anything. His oldest son can come off as an ass but that's it really. No place for a subaru though.
I'm just saying theres a lot of very large rocks and some waist deep mud holes. I've been through a lot with my car and the only place i had to be pulled out of was a swamp... I just dont think that place is a good idea

IBratmanI

I'm just saying theres a lot of very large rocks and some waist deep mud holes. I've been through a lot with my car and the only place i had to be pulled out of was a swamp... I just dont think that place is a good idea
Very well could be, but 987687's car, and my BRAT, are a little different than any of the newer Subarus. I have gone through mud holes up to my windshield before, and gone around rocks and boulders that the other vehicles had to go over cause they were too damn big. If we do this, we gotta bring cameras!!! I just hope that I can get some different tires for my BRAT by then!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have a pretty good camera. And for tires, just check craigslist. I got a pretty good deal on mine from three.

IBratmanI

I have a pretty good camera. And for tires, just check craigslist. I got a pretty good deal on mine from three.
Yeah I know, but I'm pretty tight on money right now, because of the damn bathroom......

ReZPunK

drove the route today of the possible group dirty drive.

200 miles of roads with lots of terrain changes for everyone. from fast roads to crawling sections.

for reference...point of origin of this drive will be Milford On the Run Mobil Gas station Milford Maine. and return point will be the same place. I plan on going back out again and driving it with someone to make a route book with mileages.

ReZPunK

update:

made a template for a TSD style route book and found a massive supply of tulip diagrams i can copy paste. now all i have to do is find the time to get back out there and made the rough draft with mileages. I hope to have a working route book for this drive before the end of august. if we shoot for late september early october, i think this will give more people time to plan and get ready.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
someone mention tires?

I have four traditional stompers BF G, 30 or 31.. bought it for my subaru with concave 6 lug alloys (extremely rare.. lambo looking wheels found on a isuzu trooper of the 1980s)...never lifted, nor want to.. so they sit in a shed for 5 years.

you can have them cheap. My father hounded me to get them out of the shed.. next step is getting yelled at. pm me, I can deliver for a bit more.

I posted this here and it is an old ad..may have been buried.

if the dirty trip goes real, I could put some 27s on old rims, as far as I go. and they may be bald.
default_tongue.png

I'd love to go through some water up to the hood.

Latest posts

Back