Opinion on tint?

Goose

Looking to get mine done, I've been looking for a while but just the post on facebook about sun stoppers, so I'll probably go through them. I want it difficult to see in, but still safe enough to see out of. Never had tint before, so I don't know how dark is too dark. 

Anyone?

Maine law is 35 in front of the b-pillar. The rest can be as dark as you want. I went with 35/10 on my car and it is pretty dark. I do not recommend Jam Audio in Brunswick if you are closer enough, they have to redo my windows.

SUBARUDE

I would go more than 35% on front windows unless you like seeing your gauge cluster reflecting in them and 20% on the rest cause your car has a dark interior so it will look like 5% from the outside but will allow you to see out just fine

This is 35% front 2 windows and 20% rear 5 windows

acdaeb21f25c33b0a08c9faef49af4d3_zps15935536.jpg

Jamey

. This is mine 20% rear 35% front it's darker now that I have all black interior

Where are you located ?

Goose

Portland. Jamey, your car looks phenomenal and I will probably just go with that. It looks the same in the picture, can you tell one window is darker than the other standing next to it? Have you had any issues with the smoked rear tails?

dsmith

g1B1YfT.jpg

mines 20% all around... don't do that lol. was done before i purchased the car, i have to roll down my windows to see the mirrors at night.

Jamey

Portland. Jamey, your car looks phenomenal and I will probably just go with that. It looks the same in the picture, can you tell one window is darker than the other standing next to it? Have you had any issues with the smoked rear tails?
Tails are no longer that dark I just have a very light tint now I did get pulled over just wasn't worth it call randy (207) 646-8468 superior window tint great guy and he is mobile stands by his work and product

Tell him Jamey sent ya

Marino

I <3 BOOST
here is mine, 35% front and 28% back 3. in certain light it looks much darker

+1 on having proof as well when getting inspected

DSCN1703_zps3cec6c34.jpg

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I don't see the purpose of having tint in Maine. If it's for a 'cool' factor then, that's fine, to each his own, but I don't see the advantage of having it. To me, tint equals more hassle from the police, and less visibility at night, and in fog/rain/weather conditions. If this were Florida I could see the reason for it, but it's not, it's still Maine last time I checked, and their are still two seasons, winter and construction. I've owned cars with mild-tint, and cars without tint, I prefer the no tint option. I do think it's cool that car guys go against the grain, and get it done,  it definitely looks badass, but I personally wouldn't do it.

Jamey

I've never had issues with police . Why would I it's legal , it keeps people from looking inside and also keeps car cooler in summer months.

I also have no issue seeing at night

urabusturbo

I went the cheap route and had mine done by juns tint in lewiston. It was only 150 to do all my windows 35 percent but he left several obvious scratches on the film with his squeegee so im going to have it redone by portland tint. You get what you pay for.

SUBARUDE

I went the cheap route and had mine done by juns tint in lewiston. It was only 150 to do all my windows 35 percent but he left several obvious scratches on the film with his squeegee so im going to have it redone by portland tint. You get what you pay for.
Sorry but I've had 10 cars tinted by jun and have never had a issue and if you don't like it he warr. All his work you just need to open your mouth and tell him if you don't tell him he can't fix it

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
He stopped replying to us when the tint fell apart on katis Legacy. I had no issues with his work, but it pissed me off when he wouldn't reply to us because he didn't want to fix the problem. He is good to you because of what you said lol, you've had 10 cars tinted by him.

Latest posts

Back