Opinion on tint?

urabusturbo

If he is willing to to warranty his work then maybe I will give him another shot. I picked up my car at night and was pretty disappointed the next day when I saw how scratched it was. Several swipes all over the drivers side window deep enough to feel with my finger, it is very obvious and i am surprised he let it go out like that. If he does fix it well I will probably have him do my forester and I will make sure to inspect it when i pick the car up.

SUBARUDE

He stopped replying to us when the tint fell apart on katis Legacy. I had no issues with his work, but it pissed me off when he wouldn't reply to us because he didn't want to fix the problem. He is good to you because of what you said lol, you've had 10 cars tinted by him.
You can't be to upset Jason seeing you said you wanted him to tint your forester and like I said Dave ask he is willing to fix

Goose

The biggest reason I want tint is I have a light sensitivity issue and I want my rear window done and think it will look bad if I don't don't do the whole car. Probably just going to do 35 all around.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You can't be to upset Jason seeing you said you wanted him to tint your forester and like I said Dave ask he is willing to fix
Lol yeah I was gonna have it done through you, and because of the cost. It was just the way he wouldn't respond about the issue that pissed me off.

I want a light tint on my loyale too. Just too many other things that are priorities have to come first!

Jamey

The biggest reason I want tint is I have a light sensitivity issue and I want my rear window done and think it will look bad if I don't don't do the whole car. Probably just going to do 35 all around.
call randy you won't be disappointed man

brycetron

35% looks classy.  I like 30-35%% on the front two and somewhere between 20-30% on the rear three.  that's what I have on one of my cars and I love it.  Tough to see in at night when the car is parked and no lights are on inside but when your driving around,  doesn't hurt visual.

At the time I tinted the car the law was still 50% I believe on aftermarket tint.  I drove around nervous for a while but have never been bothered.    I gotta get my STi done soon.  Tint is all around a great thing imo.  Gives a tiny bit of theft prevention.  Looks amazing, keeps temps down in the summer and reduces glare from headlights at night.  

Here is what my tint looks like on my Lancer.  i think its 32% front, 22% or so rear 3. Cloudy day with black interior.

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Scot Sun Control in Bangor. He's done several of my cars over the years, and does an exceptional job. Stands behind his work, and can issue tint certificates when he does the job. He just did my truck before I took it to florida and it looks/functions great.

I had jun do my 09 wrx and it had scratches in it from his squeegee, and he busted some of my door clips and a plastic trim piece. Other than that he did a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

If you're sensitive to light I don't see a more legitimate reason to do this so don't listen to anyone that wants to hassle you!

i-wagon

I had my wagoon done before the law changed, 25 ish rear 5 and the front windows are 50, and I still can't really see my mirrors to back up at night. I'd recommend the guy who did mine but he no longer does tint

XCELLR8

REVITUP
Tint darkness for sedans:
  • Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
  • Back Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
  • Rear Window: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Tint darkness for SUV and vans:
  • Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
  • Front Side windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
  • Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used.
  • Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

Jamey

Any percentage in rear .. front window tint can be no darker then 35% also front windshield is allowed 6" from top . Least this is what it was last October when I got mine done . I have 25% all around cuz I'm a rebel haha

Latest posts

Back