Opinions on the silencer delete mod

mikebike357

This looks like a Battle Bot...

intake1.jpg

Evil Jeff

So in that pic, what's the bottom tank thing for?
That's the silencer/snorkus in question that I'm considering removing. It basically does nothing more than quite the turbo spool and BOV.

Joe WRX

I did this a long time ago on my STi and so far my car has NOT blown up or turned my motor into radioactive fall out!!!

I DID hear a lot of comments though on the group ride about how good the car sounds.

It's really easy and the car sounds a lot better.

Call me rice if you want, I'm like to think I'm just letting the horses run free! ;D ;D ;D

Evil Jeff

BTW, EJ has LED valve covers!!!
*runs*
???

jdm_honda_h_series_valve_cover_red.jpg

Methinks they dont make those for Subies, only Hon-duhs. Now, who do we know on this site that both has a Hon-duh and a taste for Uncle Ben's, hmmmm?
default_wink.png

Evil Jeff

Well, I ended up trying to keep runnah slightly happy, and have had a GP Moto delete pipe sitting in my garage for 6mos now. The time has come to get it in.

*ques ominous music*

Evil Jeff

Well, this is going a lot better than I thought. I already have the silencer loose and ready to come out, but it doesn't want to come. I've removed the 2 bolts holding it in, but it almost feels like something's still holding it. Any advice besides brute force?

Evil Jeff

W00t! It's in! Problem is now I have a CEL. Isn't there, I dunno, something you're supposed to do or something so the computer resets itself when you install one of those?

J

junkyardgabe

i've had my short ram on since oct. and have never had a cel from it ???

Evil Jeff

Mission accomplished! Plus an oil change, new foglight bulbs (which were installed from behind, ugh), and no more CEL, all before lunch! And me likin' the non-silenced sound. >
default_wink.png

Honestly, with my mechanical skills, I was expecting this to take all day. Now I have time to reinstall my Prodrive mud flaps, making sure they're level this time, and finish sanding my center caps for painting this week. ;D

Evil Jeff

i've had my short ram on since oct. and have never had a cel from it ???
Well, if I'd have taken the time to finish reading the thread on scoobymods showing how to remove the silencer, I would have seen that the CEL is common, as well as how to reset the ECM for it. Duh.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Nice Jeff. Me and Q did preety much the same thing to his N/A car. Now I gotta keep up with the Evil's.

Latest posts

Back