Outback xt upgrades

JlyonsSTI

I know it says I have a 2001 rs, but I sold that to Dan, and im on my iphine so I cant change it. I just bought the gf a 2005 outback xt. I love it. It rips and is such a smooth ride. However, I definitely need some upgrades. Does lifting drastically effect the ride? I was thinking of lifting it painting it black with some mean green wheels.... Anyway here is a list of parts I would like..... Hopefully I can find some on here rather than payin full price:

SWAY BARS!!!

Canine Cage for behind backseats (subaru no others)

All weather floor mats (subaru no others)

Snowboard rack

Exhaust system

Cold air intake

AP? Going stage 2 eventually.

A nice set of 17" 5x100 wheels for summer.....

Brakes! The brakes are pretty squishy im used to brembos.

I know its an outback but these bad boys shouldnt be underestimated. This thing rips. I believe it is the same under the hood as a legacy gt. So some lgt parts will prob be compatabile. Its a wagon though so the exhaust would need to be from a wagon...... Let me know or make some more sugestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

JlyonsSTI

*snow tires* it has all seasons but this is maine a winter tire makes a huge difference. Not sure on the size because the car isn't here right now...

SUBARUDE

sorry chad it won't

but jesse go through my for sale thread I have a few things for it and why would you want to do sway bars on a lifted car

I think I have a dp,intake and a few other things for it

JlyonsSTI

sorry chad it won't

but jesse go through my for sale thread I have a few things for it and why would you want to do sway bars on a lifted car

Im unsure about the lift right now. I want sway bars because the stock ones are pathetic.

JlyonsSTI

If you have driven one of these you should know it needs a little bit of help in the handlong department. Even if its an outback....

JlyonsSTI

sorry chad it won't

Thanks for Posting a link to you car on your page! However, you didnt answer any of my questions. All you did is show me what you did. I asked for input but more importantly I was asking about how a lift kit affects the ride!

HR radness

His royal radness
When you lift a vehicle it affects the stability just by the simple fact that because it sits higher, the suspension has more travel, so you are going to have MORE body roll. If you want less roll, keep it at the stock height and get Slightly stiffer springs and maybe some sway bars. Honestly, because the XT is lifted already, you wont be able to get the body roll down to a really acceptable level unless you go the other direction (lower) and get different struts and springs as well as sway bars. According to the suspension nazis you start with struts and springs, then swaybars

You could always just try bigger front and rear swaybars and see how that works, they are easy to install. Whiteline, Cobb and Perrin all make aftermarket adjustable swaybars for that car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ca-cusco-f-r-swaybars-173520.html

Here's a set of Cusco swaybars for her OB. If you dont like them I will buy them off of you:)

Hope that helped, BTW have you had the banjo bolt filter removed in the turbo oil feed line? You should start saving for a new turbo and possibly a new motor if you haven't:)

Latest posts

Back