Parts Car

Visonik

I've got a 1996 legacy wagon for sale. This car is NOT complete. The engine seized due to a connecting rod. I stole some parts for my other car, sold a couple. The things it is missing that I can remember are: radiator fans, alternator, intake hose, radio. The engine had about 80,000 on it when it died (I think it was a rebuilt used engine, previous owner never really said). Body has over 230,000 I think. When I got the car, I redid the body from the windows down, so most panels should be rust free. I think the rear quarters were starting so show again. The drivers side mirror is broken off, but should be fixable if you need it.  The interior is torn apart but it should all be there. Some pieces got painted blue when i thought that was cool. I DO NOT want to sell parts off this, I want the whole thing gone in one haul. It's not worth much, but its not worth nothing. Make me an offer.

IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

Vecken

If someone does buy this to part out, there are many things I'd like to pick, unfortunately finances are so tight I can't even buy beer or I'd be towing this car home in a heartbeat.

Visonik

Also, Ryan, just noticed that you're in orland. this car is actually in bucksport, just so you know.

injulen

If someone does buy this to part out, there are many things I'd like to pick, unfortunately finances are so tight I can't even buy beer or I'd be towing this car home in a heartbeat.
What are you looking for? I have two second generation legacys that are not road worthy. Depending on what you're lookin for, I might be able to part ways with it.

Vecken

Struts, I think the top hats are going bad and they are pretty old, clunking on bumps but still seem to be working well, a cv shaft. I need a rear hatch with working wiper motor, possibly a few little things line cruise control relay (haven't diagnosed it yet) and body panels for welding (I'd prefer to use stock metal, and just cut it to fit so there's no shaping metal involved) runs and drives awesome but just has a bunch of little things to swap out.

injulen

Hmm most of those things I was planning on holding on to. If you think of anything else though, PM me. One car does have a complete cruise control system that I don't care to keep any bits of. 

SurlyOBS

What are you looking for? I have two second generation legacys that are not road worthy. Depending on what you're lookin for, I might be able to part ways with it.
I hate to threadjack but I was wondering if you have a driver's side headlight or a pair of headlights you'd part with?  

Or perhaps we should just tow Visonik's Outback down here and nab all the parts we need and split up the costs...

Visonik

Where are you located? I'm thinking of just parting it out instead of selling it as a whole since my buddy is looking for a subaru and might need some of my parts, depending on what he gets. I could definitely part with the headlights. Last time I looked at them, they were pretty clear. I buffed them quite a bit when i redid the body.

Vecken

If you're parting it out let me know, I have more things to add to that list. if it was silver I would find some way to take it off your hands.

Visonik

If you're parting it out let me know, I have more things to add to that list. if it was silver I would find some way to take it off your hands.
The only reason I didn't want to part it out is because I don't have time to take anything apart and it's hard for me to make time to do it since it's actually at my dad's which is 40 minutes away (living in an apartment blows..) The other issue is that he doesn't have a garage. If you wanted to make a day of it and come rip off parts you need with me, we could probably work something out that way.

SurlyOBS

Well, I'm in Windham so it's probably not worth it for you and I to spend the time just for the headlights.  I have to check if I messed up my bumper as well because that would make it more worthwhile.  Hmmm.

Visonik

Well, I'm in Windham so it's probably not worth it for you and I to spend the time just for the headlights.  I have to check if I messed up my bumper as well because that would make it more worthwhile.  Hmmm.
haha I could definitely make time for head lights. If I'm remembering right, there's only two bolts and some clips.. I was just thinking that I don't have the time to take out the struts, rear hatch, cruise control, stuff like that. I'm not entirely sure you'd want my bumper though. It has four pretty big holes right in the top where i cut lights out that i had mounted there. It's an easy fix with some mesh and bondo, but it's not ready to go on your car. The paint is fresh a couple years ago though!

Vecken

Where is the car located? I'm currently between jobs so making time is not that big of deal, making money on the other hand...

Visonik

Where is the car located? I'm currently between jobs so making time is not that big of deal, making money on the other hand...
The car is in Bucksport. If time isn't an issue but money is, we could always get together soon to take apart what you need, then I can just set it aside and hold onto it for you until you have the money.

Visonik

I have decided to part out the car until someone wants the left overs. As of right now the head lights are spoken for, but if there is anything else anyone needs, let me know. If you need anything big, I might need help or it might have to wait. I don't have access to a garage, but if you don't mind freezing and getting muddy, neither do I.

Vecken

I'm still looking for a rear wiper motor, front struts, a cv shaft, drivers turn signal (cracked it when trying to put my engine in) and a few other things

Latest posts

Back