passing in a passing zone is now illegal in Maine

inski

So, passing 12 at once is bad? :-X Long straight aways are even longer when no one will go by the lead idiot doing 30mph in a 50. Let the melee begin when the last guy in line passes everyone. It happens everyday on River Rd. in Windham...not always me.

The things you learn on the interweb.

HR radness

His royal radness
Nah, I was coming home, you should see me when I'm GOING to work.

Funny thing is, my four year old is always the one egging me on:

"Faster daddy, FASTER!!"

I shall let everyone know after my day in court

Impreza05

Even if you never cross the yellow line, and are passing in a 2 lane-on-one-side situation?
No one lane, 2 or more lanes the same direction pass as many as you want but not exceeding the posted limit.

patsti

NitrousFed
Even if you never cross the yellow line, and are passing in a 2 lane-on-one-side situation?
No one lane, 2 or more lanes the same direction pass as many as you want but not exceeding the posted limit.
funny almost every cop I see passes multiple cars and exceeds by about 25mph while sucking down a fresh bostin creamer and a hot coffee. gotta love the fat boys! Fight it and then if you win sue the department for perminent emotional distress on your childs behalf

WashmyScooby

2084.jpg

Killerbumblebee

I don't know all the details, but I belive (I'd have to check in my 29A to verify) that it's illeagle to pass multible vehicals at the same time. Not that I don't do it myself, lol, and not that the guy wasn't a jerk, but that may have been why he could get away with it.

stiXXX

Show up and contest it.

He probably won't even show,and you'll walk.

I'd bet dollars to donuts
default_wink.png
that he didn't even know what he was writing you for exactly,the citation is probably mis-stated,and if so,unless you were "walking against the wind while urinating" or some such,again,you'd walk on a "technicality".

Obviously,you did something (peed in his cornflakes?) that made him think of bullying small children,or some other warming,past memory,and you made him want to revisit those days-so,over to the shoulder you went,so he could add to his warm/fuzzy memory collection.

If a cop called me a name,(used to be,I'd call him one,back) now,I'd call his superior and ask if this was standard operating procedure for his department,and if it was,as a voting taxpayer,how would one go about changing that particular procedure? The stammering that follows is priceless. (Yes,it's been done before,with great success!)

In the end,I've seen cops flat-out lie to win simple traffic cases,so if you really make an impression you probably won't get a break. However,luck is made,not random,and if you make it easy for him to f*ck it up,he just might-you don't have to be a genius to be a traffic cop.

I've been burned a few times,and I find that a ValentineOne radar detector is priceless,though not infallible.

Keep us posted on the ticket,traffic court is backlogged as hell in these parts,the cops are always busy-especially Windham...Grrr...

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
passing two cars wether in a passing zone or not is illegal in the state of Maine (NH too).

HR radness

His royal radness
I remember what you said about it before Ryan, but I was in a TWO-LANE passing zone (two lanes on my side of the double yellow) so I would think that rule doesn't apply.

I'm just hoping my court date comes up AFTER I get home from training, otherwise I'll have to pay it

Holy jesus, I should be serving several life sentences on death row if that's illegal.

Yeah, I'd go after Mr. Pork's wallet, big-time... and his office for improper SOP's, and the town for not doing thorough reviews of those it pays to uphold the "law", and the state for... etc etc etc.

Grub that $!

In fact, get a lawyer. Emotional distress and scarring of a four year old... basically the cop altered the way you wanted to raise your daughter, so that's emotional distress for you too... and the wife... I'd be looking for 5-6 figures.

Trust me, I went from '83 Honda to '85 Celica to '84 Celica to '85 Celica to '02 WRX... not a coincidence.

Latest posts

Back