Peak Performance Rotors

rsalomon13

So my brakes are shot, which sucks because I have only put 8k on the car. Obviously the dealer didn't give a **** about putting new pads on the car and this lead to rotor issues. This speaks volumes about not rushing the purchase of a car.
default_rolleyes.gif

So the Subaru quote for new pads and rotors was a tad on the high side.....

STiNate was kind enough to point me in the direction of some aftermarket kits, one that seems decent is the Stage 2+ brake kit located here http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subbrk.htm. What I am wondering is does anyone have any experience with Peak Performance rotors? Or the actual Gruppe-s branded things like the brake lines? I cannot seem to find any reviews? I definitely want quality rotors but I cannot afford 2k+.

diabloadsit

I run DBA 4k's in the rear on my car. If you want to go all out get the DBA 5k's the slotted 4's are nice to just replace the stock ones. Get some Hawk HPS pads. Good pad and brakes just as well if not better than stock.

The prices on the OEM brakes are crazy high. You would have to be a total dumbass to buy the OEM brakes for the STI.

rsalomon13

The prices on the OEM brakes are crazy high. You would have to be a total dumbass to buy the OEM brakes for the STI.
Yeah, 2400 an axle for pads and rotors. Screw that.

So I am going to be running the either the DB4k's or Powerslot rotors(Joel says they are the best for the money) on the back and Hawk HPS pads all around.

TheNailman

Warcock
for what its worth, ill be taking off my dba4000's in the next month or so, they have about a year on them .. ..

Apollyon12

Obviously it would depend on how bad your rotors are, but when I got my wagon the brakes where pulsing really bad and I just had them turned down at an auto machine shop. That plus the goodrich SS brake lines plus the Hawk pad really made a difference. I seem to remember that the rotors were only $20 each to do. Of coarse, if the rotors are too worn turning them down is not an option.

2wf7n7s.jpg

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Im going to have to start looking at a new brake setup since mine are pulsing now. Does anyone know what the warrenty covers regarding brakes?

SUBARUDE

your rotors are bad from sitting so much (nate) why don't you just have them turned for now if you can't get them warr. and just pick up a better set of pads like some hawk pads

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
your rotors are bad from sitting so much (nate) why don't you just have them turned for now if you can't get them warr. and just pick up a better set of pads like some hawk pads
Yea your probally right. I was looking at those new endless brake pads. I heard they are just as good as the hawk hps's but with less noise. Maybe some lines/fluid to go with.

Blue GT

I just bought DBA rotors and HPS pads from importimageracing. they came in today and should be on this weekend.

diabloadsit

Obviously it would depend on how bad your rotors are, but when I got my wagon the brakes where pulsing really bad and I just had them turned down at an auto machine shop. That plus the goodrich SS brake lines plus the Hawk pad really made a difference. I seem to remember that the rotors were only $20 each to do. Of coarse, if the rotors are too worn turning them down is not an option.
2wf7n7s.jpg
default_cool.png
priceless.

Latest posts

Back