Perrin UpPipe Bunghole?

TheNailman

Warcock
ok, i went all ebay and bought a sweet Perrin UpPipe. turns out it doesn't have a bung for the egt sensor. .. .. ..

guy says there is a "resistor that will prevent any coded issues" provided with the pipe. . .. now my question is, since i will be running the intake, and accessport, is that egt sensor important enough to get a different uppipe, or am i looking to far into this and it isn't something i should worry about. . ...i mean i just dont want to have to worry about frying my turbo because my car didnt sense something was wrong because i removed a sensor. .. . . .

thoughts?

~Phil

mikebike357

Well, since you're removing the cat in you uppipe it's going to register a different temp anyway causing a CEL even if you put in an uppipe w/ a bung. Hence the resistor which basically bypasses the sensor. Perrin makes good stuff and it's well tested. I'd just follow their directions and not worry about it. It's part of that "risk" you take and disclaimer you agree to when you start modding.

TheNailman

Warcock
ok now you're just making fun of me
default_biggrin.png

so what you are saying is its not so big an issue that i should actually be worrying about it?

mikebike357

When you toss in that uppipe you may want to consider getting a custom map made for your accessport. (I think you said you had an AP in a previous post). TDC Tuning & Perrin both do custom maps based on your list of mods. And as you change parts you just have to email them and they'll whip up another map for ya based on teh new bits. Last time I checked they were both selling the maps for $150 and in talking to peeps who have purchased them they've said it's waaay better than the stocker AP maps.

R

redlinerally

That is correct. Mike is saying "you agreed to mod, if something goes wrong, that's part of the game".
default_biggrin.png

ok now you're just making fun of me
default_biggrin.png

so what you are saying is its not so big an issue that i should actually be worrying about it?

TheNailman

Warcock
i only agree to it if i install it on my vehicle, and im not installing it till i have the proper research done.

as for the accessport, i ordered it yesterday from evergreen. i told joel to request the map for intake, uppipe downpipe and full exhaust. ....so hopefully that will be taken into proper consideration.

otherwise, i will just have to order it no?

~Phil

mikebike357

Yup... if you're just ordering the AP then i'm assuming it's an AP v2... I haven't researched them at all but you could probably contact Cobb, Perrin or TDC to see if you can get a custom jobby to include teh uppipe.

akinaspeedstar

no, im really just talking out my ass. but i though that before the cats it would have a o2 sensor not a egt. technicaly you can tell the AFR with a egt probe but i thought that a o2 sensor was more accurate. like i said. i don't own one i have no idea. sorry for mucking up the thread
default_biggrin.png

Rightseat

bypass to this problem is easy

get thee to Radio Shack

purchase 1.5 ohm resistors...5 for 99 effin cents

unplug connex from missing sensor, use resistor to bridge the 2 wires, and presto!

internalcombust

I just bought AP v2 and its great! All maps are on in the unit when you get it. You can choose a map and read about it on the ap itself. They give a pretty good rundown on each. They say upipe is ok for stage 2 with downpipe. The ap will automatically get rid of normal cel for egt sensor. Read the instructions well when you get it, all these aswers are there. Uppipe bung is egt sensor. Many people don't run sensor in catless upipe with mods for fear of it breaking off and going into turbo. I have a stock upipe that I'm going to gut and run with no sensor. Just do the resistor radio shack fix. If you check out COBB forums they also have many answers for typical questions. Run it! If you want to trade for stock gutted let me know.

Latest posts

Back