Please read. I need your thoughts!

Smiththers

I signed for my car new years day. they ran a credit check, and gave me the keys. Is there any way LEGALLY that they can take the car back because now they cant finance me? Im in a big friggin bind and the dealer wants my car back!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I don't see how they could do that. Why do they say they can't now? Have you paid your payments so far?

Blue GT

I'm assuming he hasn't had a payment yet.

My advice would be to go to your local bank and see if they'll finance you, get the dealer out of it fast.

Blue GT

oh and yes they can legally take the car back becuase you haven't legally paid for it yet, sounds like a huge screw up on their part but it could still suck for you.

Smiththers

i just don't understand how they could go back on signed paper work. i have no body to pay! id gladly make the payments naturally....

Blue GT

^exactly you have no one to pay, which means you were never financed in the first place, which means the dealer never got paid, which means your driving their car, which means you have to give it back.

Situation absolutely sucks to be you, but what you could do is pull all your parts off, hand them back the keys and get a ride to EG where you wont have to deal with it.

Smiththers

i just found the paperwork making this legal for them to do. so effff them they can have their car back and im never dealing with patriot subaru again.

Smiththers

i cant get the other car loan i have out of my name. it was a deal that didnt work right because toyota has a stick up their arse about the people im trying to sell it to....

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Ya, +1. give it back. Go to EverGreen. You will not regret it. You prob. paid to much anyway and you can get a better model for the same price. Good luck.

wzrd

Wow that's rough man...Same thing happened to me at patriot subaru also back a few years ago.Did by chance you buy the car on a weekend or off hours?...To make a very long story short ,I make the deal,late on a friday i think...,im gonna trade my 06 limited edition daytona charger[very low miles] for a new left over model 06 wrx limited. We ,me cory and vinnie,do the finacial paperwork and its a done deal,i leave and go home.Next morning i get the call,were sorry sir but your finacing we procured for you has fallen through and were trying to fix this issue but your gonna have to come down and resign everthing and were not quite sure of the new interest rate yet bla,bla,lbla,bla bla was all i was hearing at this point when i asked him, if i dont own this subaru where the puck is my limited ed charger as i might be taking IT back Home if i dont get the rate i was quoted...My savings grace was i was ahead in equety,my credit scores are exellent so they were easiely able to find me a new line of credit...MY complaint was they were more eager to sell me a car that very minute, then make sure EVERYTHING was needed to complete a major business transaction.A car being the 2nd bigest purchace on credit that we make ....and i was left with a bad taste in my mouth over the whole"patriot" deal.

Im sorry to hear that same type of behavior is still happening at that dealership.I would recommend evergreen subaru highly,tell em wzrd sent yah

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back