Project WRX

04wrx

Ok so finally after a long awaited time this is the official photo gallery/following of everything that has been done and will be done to the car. To start this off here is a little history. For quite some time I have wanted a WRX, the option was there but something always came up or I could just not afford it at the time. So last year I bought a 1999 Toyota Tacoma, I loved the truck but as we all know Toyota had a huge recall on the frames and were buying back every Tacoma from 1995-2000, so I took my truck in for inspection, it failed which was a bummer because I really liked that truck. After everything was said and done I ended up with a bunch of money
default_biggrin.png
which put me onto the path of attaining a vehicle that had eluded me for a while. In June 2008 I purchased my 2004 WRX from Evergreen. This was the beggining of the end and where the photos start.

What it looked like stock, only picture I really have from then.

picture.php

Then in September I got bit by the mod bug, it can't do that much can it?!?!? It all started with a short throw shifter, shifter bushings and then a catback exhaust. At this point it was winter time as you can tell from the above picture. Well I had my bike sitting in the garage and the idea came across my mind, if I can sell the bike I can buy more parts for the car, and that's what ended up happening.
default_additional_iam.gif

After selling the bike I had more money
default_idk.gif
and the research began.

In progress.

picture.php

In April 2009 I went stage 2, after that it was onto suspension and then wheels and tires. There will be more to come soon I am sure, but for now this is how she sits along with a list of whats been done to the car.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Modifications:

Engine:

Cobb AccessPort V2

Perrin Stage 2 91oct Map

Perrin Foam Air Filter

Perrin Sport Catback Exhaust

Perrin Divorced Wastegate Catted Downpipe

STI Uppipe

STI Intercooler

Group-N Engine Mounts

Kartboy Exhaust Hangers

Exterior:

Cleared and Blacked Out Headlights

Pillarless Grill

JDM Tailight Mod

STI Hoodscoop

35% Tint

Interior:

Subaru All Weather Floor Mats

Suspension:

Group-N Strut Mounts

Scooby 921 Strut Spacers

RCE Yellow Springs

Tokico HP Struts

Transmission:

Group-N Transmission Mount

Kartboy Pitchstop Mount

Kartboy Shifter Bushings

Kartboy Short Throw Shifter

Wheels and Tires:

AME FS-01 Wheels 18x8-Bronze

Falken Azenis RT615 Tires

949 Racing Aluminum Valve Stems Black Anodized

Project Kics R40 Lugnuts-Black

04wrx

Eventually yes haha, as of right now I have a set of wheels and tires that will be going on soon.

04wrx

The pics work, just wait till you see them, and wheels are soon, hopefully this week, Dan there is a post under the gallery section of the wheels and tires that will be going on the car.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
it sounds great when you go riiipin up the road between us and the laundry mat. I always perk up and go "WAZZZAT" and see you fly by. Can't wait to see the wheels.

Ryan

Question for you... when you purchased your Cobb AP, did you purchase it from the Perrin vendor on NASIOC that also gives you a free air filter, tshirt, and a couple other things?

04wrx

I bought my AP through Perrin, got a good deal plus a Perrin Map, they also threw in a t-shirt for like $5.

Latest posts

Back