Rally Light Pod question

-=Lobstah=-

Anyone has one of those 4 light mount pods?

If so, how are they mounted and where exactly?

I was thinking about making my own out of fiberglass (Whole bunch of scraps from work), but not sure about mounting situation

ReZPunK

i have some. the ones i have are a 4 pod kit designed for ealry model imprezas. they are held in place by 4 1/4 quick turn connectors. they are currently not mounted to anything for the car that i had them on is no longer in my possesion.

they are Cibie's two floods and two pins.

i have them wired using the color coded trailer wiring kits. you know the yellow, green, white and brown wire kits. they make great quick connects! oh yeah and all the standard switches and relays.

if you need mounting parts and such try rallylights.com they have lights and kits and mounting hardware..relays and wires..all the essentials.

hope this helps.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I hadn't found their mounting hardware... hmm time to go look again.

anyone have a source for a prefit pod for the 06 body style?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
You can get Dzus fasteners from MSCDirect.com

They have quarter turn and slide latches.

Cheers! John
you run a pod on T4 right?

do you have any pictures of your setup?

ReZPunK

1500medium.jpg

http://www.dfcis.com/sl-8400/sl-8415.html

Rightseat

ahem...might I mention that persons who are still trying to scrape up the $$$ to FIX THEIR EFFIN BRAKES might be better served by doing that instead of dreaming about hyper-expensive, fiddly and useless on the road (not to mention illegal) light pods??!!

default_biggrin.png

Runnah

I want to mount a light pod backwards on my roof so I can show those big trucks and suv what its like!!

-=Lobstah=-

ahem...might I mention that persons who are still trying to scrape up the $$$ to FIX THEIR EFFIN BRAKES might be better served by doing that instead of dreaming about hyper-expensive, fiddly and useless on the road (not to mention illegal) light pods??!!

default_biggrin.png
Ahem... pls dont sound like my parent
default_biggrin.png

I know the priorities
default_smile.png
I just asked the question about the mounting methods, and it will be a while between now and when i'll be able to make the pods. In the mean time i just wanted to start working on the design and at least have it ready for the time when i have extra money to make 'em
default_tongue.png

Rightseat

heh heh, I'm MUCH WORSE than your 'rents...or at least I'm older than them!
default_biggrin.png

light pods are one of the most labor-intensive projects involved for equipping a rally car. installing the light-mouninting rings into the pods, getting everythigng straight, aimiling lights, fiddling the pod mounts onto the hood (and the fasteners thru the reinforcing webs under surface of hood, etc), running the wiring, relays, switches and quick-release plugs n stuff all takes between 60 and 100 man-hours. and if you're wanting to build/mold your own pod housings...there's another 40-60 hours easy.

makes one of those bolt-on Rally Innovations light bars look darn cheap.

Latest posts

Back