Rallyguy's RS Build

RallyGuy24

Hi All,

I've been a member here for a while, don't post much, but keep up with the site frequently. Just beginning my build of my 2001 2.5RS Sedan. This is my second subaru, had a 02 WRX that I fairly promptly lost in the woods... This is my second Subaru, owned the car since May of 06. I've put about 70k miles on the car to a total of just under 196k, as a daily driver till Jan 00 when the motor had a hickup...

Photo is the car shortly after I bought it.

She's been sitting in the trailer waiting for over a year, and I'm finally ready to begin building.

Current Mods:

AEM intake

Borla Headder

Random Tech high flow Cat

Cobb cat back

Perring Light weight crank pulley

ACT Street light flywheel

Competition 6 pad sprung hub clutch

STI Strut bar

Hella 500 Fog lamps

Primitive front and rear skids

Prodrive wheels

The Build: Phase 1: Body work, motor rebuild, Suspension

The body work: The car now has some body rust that needs attention in the rear quarters. Other than that, it is in surprisingly good shape for it's age and mileage. I'm planning to maintain stock appearance, with the only additions of beefing up the rocker panels and building pin stands, and fresh paint.

Motor rebuild: After 196k, she's leaking some fluids. After pulling the motor today, the right head gasket was leaking oil to both cylinders. Valve cover gaskets weaping, and the rear main appears to be leaking aswell. The minor hickup was some rapping that started rather abruptly, and actually ended mysteriously aswell. Hence the rebuild. In addition to new gaskets, timing belt and pulleys, there will of course be a few mods, Amsoil all around, ARP studs, Phelonic spacers, and possibly a regrind from Delta Cams, and maybe injectors... Quite possibly some gentle tuning aswell.

Suspension: Here's the fun part.

BC Racing Inverted Coilovers

JDM Aluminum Control Arms

Whiteline Anti lift kit, Race spec

Whiteline Roll center correction

RalliTek Sway bars front and rear

RalliTek Rear Links, Whiteline front links

Whiteline Adjustable rear lateral links (4)

Subaru Gr N trailing arm bushings.

Whiteline poly diff bushing, transmission bushings

Torq Solutions Shifter bushing, front and rear.

Extra additions:

ACT Pro Lite Flywheel

ACT 6 pad sprung hub clutch

2006 Subaru 6 disk headunit

STI front seats

Cobb Knobb

that's all for now. This car is no longer a daily driver, but a weekend rider/racer. Phase 2 will be: brakes, and some TSD, hill climb, tarmac rally race prep. Phase 3: Forced Induction. Many more photos to come with the help of Ty, beer drinking assistant/photographer, and Thanks to elbeau for the helping hands and body restoration.

01 RS New.JPG

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Sounds like a sweet game plan with the car. I'm sure I'll see ya out at the events *high five blue ridge pearl RS buddies*

Latest posts

Back