rattling under my car

Zach

So I put a Borla exhaust on my car a few weeks ago and everything was fine, but a few days ago a weird "ting ting ting..." sound started. It happens at any RPMs but its more noticable at low RPMs or idle. I looked under the car to see if anything was touching and I couldn't find anything.

I was reading some GTO forum that I saw in google and said it might be some of the sealant I used breaking off inside the exhaust?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
what kind of sealant did you use on the exhaust?

it is probably a heat shield on the downpipe.

or ants.

Zach

what kind of sealant did you use on the exhaust?

it is probably a heat shield on the downpipe.

or ants.
I used some black brick oven sealant I found in the basement. It said up to 900 degrees so I thought it might work.

I'll also check the downpipe heat shield.

-=Lobstah=-

check if the pipe is not hitting one of the bolts on the rear diff. I have a Borla and that was one of the problems

From the heat shields I have had hitting the exhaust it wasn't all the time but only on take off. I would agree with lobstah that its probably smacking a bolt. The heat shields are some sort of aluminum alloy that's wicked thin and does more of a flutter if loose.

Zach

I figured out that the rattling was a leak from the exhaust so I bought a real gasket from fastwrx.com instead of trying to use the oven sealant stuff I was using before... I just need to wait for it to come in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back