Remote car starter

RedForester08

I am thinking of having a remote car starter installed on my wifes 2001 Forester S MT

Any problems with having one of these installed in the manual transmission Subaru's?

Thanks

Jim

Jimbo

You can have 'em in manual transmissions, but it's a more complex install. I've had great luck with Traffic Jam in Scarborough. They're doing wifey's starter next week, actually. Call 'em and ask for Mike - he's the owner.

Jimbo

Well, I went a bit nuts with her starter. Starter and install for $650, but the starter has a 1.25mile range, and the starter controller tells you (beep or vibrate) if the alarm goes off, shows you that the car did indeed start as requested, and other stuff.

Basic ones are way cheaper - can be out the door for somewhere in the $200-$300 range installed.

207.883.6363 in case you wanna call them to get a more accurate pricing.

RedForester08

Thanks We have a local guy that does a lot of stereo and starter installs. Has a degree from tech school just for Auto Electronics. I'll let ya all know how it turns out. Just looking for a simple Push to Start set-up.

Redline

Is that Sanford Sound or something like that? If so, how is he? He's got a good price on tinting, too.

RedForester08

Sanford Sound did my wifes truck. Lets just say I will not let them touch my Subaru's. They leave wires hanging, CEL 's on,

Key sticking when starting do to shotty steering column cover install. Light relays alway shitting the bed so you never new if it was running with out going outside. The starter always works. but they did not build that.

Trevor723

Dave formally of F1Dyno does audio and remote starters on the side. Not exactly sure on pricing but..

Give me a PM and I can put you in touch with him.

Evan

just make sure whoever does it wires the power into the neutral switch on the transmission so that it only starts when in neutral.

Latest posts

Back