Replacement Cats

Redline

So I'm starting to get an annoying buzzing sound coming from my cats, and the flanges look to be in very poor condition. I want to replace them with OEM-ish cats. I live in MA so I can't (and won't) do anything to get around the system.

I'm not looking for anything above normal expected performance. I'm looking for both cats, to be safe. The header pipe looks solid, as does its flange. My cat-back is "meh" and has seen better days. However, it's passable and I'm willing to let it go for now unless I can find a complete header-back exhaust that is in decent shape.

The car is a 2.2L 1996 Outback Sport. It has a second O2 that is fully operational...

I'm simply looking around for options at this point. My inspection is in August, so I've got a month to get it together.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
short term, cinch a big effin hose clamp around offending cat. if the thing still buzzes, drive a bolt under the clamp to tighten it up. if still buzzes. smack the farker with a BFH.

best bet for replacement cat is cheapo option at AutoZone, etc. highest sales volume will get you cheapest price. mebbe go to an exhaust shop so they can fab flanges to make up with the crunchy ones on the rest of your exhaust bits

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I've had good luck with mufflerexpress.com out of canada.

Cheap, keeps the CEL away, and seems to do a dang good job. Sometimes you need to bend the hangers a little, but other than that I haven't seen any fitment issues.

Redline

Any issues with getting it shipped into USA? I've never actually purchased anything from out of the country, so I don't know these things.

GClark

BFH, reminds me of what my history teacher use to give us, BHR=Big Honkin Readings, we called them BFR

sorry for the offtopic post
default_biggrin.png

ern

I have a complete setup with both cats i jsut removed from a 1996 OUTBACK WAGON 2.5 Not sure if it's the same. In Athol, Ma. 01331 Ernie [email protected]

So I'm starting to get an annoying buzzing sound coming from my cats, and the flanges look to be in very poor condition. I want to replace them with OEM-ish cats. I live in MA so I can't (and won't) do anything to get around the system.
I'm not looking for anything above normal expected performance. I'm looking for both cats, to be safe. The header pipe looks solid, as does its flange. My cat-back is "meh" and has seen better days. However, it's passable and I'm willing to let it go for now unless I can find a complete header-back exhaust that is in decent shape.

The car is a 2.2L 1996 Outback Sport. It has a second O2 that is fully operational...

I'm simply looking around for options at this point. My inspection is in August, so I've got a month to get it together.

Latest posts

Back