Selling car on eBay?

theimbalance

hey guys,

I put my 240 on craigslist, and I've had someone who has been interested in it for awhile. They are now requesting that I put the car on ebay so we are both protected, since they want me to ship the car.

I was thinking it would be way sketchier if they were asking me to sell the car outside of ebay, so I'm not really sure what to think.

What should I do?

MAauto101

Vendor
do it. joe bought his acura on ebay. i sold mikes sti on ebay. make sure to put that buyer is responsible for shipping and need like 1000 down at the end of auction and 3 days to pay for the rest. if you do paypal it will cost you like hundreds to recieve the money but well worth the protection. i think mike lost about 4-500 through paypal but just knowing they protect you was worth it.

SUBARUDE

if he wants you to do it that way i would make him pay all the fee's cause paypal is like 3.5%-4% of the sale price plus ebay list fee and ebay tacks on another fee if it sells.so be for warned its will cost a good chunk of change to do it

Apollyon12

I don't know about auto auctions on ebay but unless I am missing something, doing it that way isn't really protecting you. You have the car and title, and you don't give the buyer anything until you get paid. Then it's his and he can do whatever he wants. So I am with Gabe, if he wants you to go through Ebay to give him some protection, make him pay all the fees.

Latest posts

Back