SiF Motorsports. A shitty legacy, nearly 10 years of RS racing turned rally car. Bonus jeep and mustnag junk

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
More mustang work yesterday.

Bypassed the ford "security" brain by just bypassing two wires, turns out there was a pin diagram on the back of the unit.

When starting the car up, it would piss fuel. Went and pulled the broken off fuel stub out of car #2. Turns out the replacement fuel pump hanger has a smaller outlet then stock. I ran to the parts store and got the right one. We swap it out and key on the car and the hardlines blew. That's about where we stopped, but the car in theory should run once we replace those. Turns over fine with the fuel pump unplugged.

Then I pulled the legacy in to fix some things.

1377463358433.jpg

The rear struts have always clunked and I just blew it off. Got new tophats. Also noticed the weekend before the front CV boots were torn. They had always vibrated when the car was cold anyways so I just got replacements.

IMG_20130825_172107.jpg

IMG_20130825_191742.jpg

IMG_20130825_192144.jpg

Tightened down the new tophats way better and will tighten them again tonight to make sure this doesn't happen again.

SUBARUDE

What I have always done with the struts is add a washer so you know you are not running out of thread on the strut to get them nice and tight

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Not much to report.

Got the fuel lines replaced on the mustang and we started it:

Then I looked into why the strut was clunking on my legacy and I broke the tophat stud off.

Said fudge it and drove the race car back to town.

1278894_641591139877_1174236059_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back