SOLVED ; STAGE 2 PLOBLEMO is no more

TheNailman

Warcock
ok, i got aLl my necessary stuff in for the stage 2 upgrade, new uppipe, downpipe, catback, gaskets, etc,

used the torque tables provided. double checked everything. . ....now i start the bit%& up, and it sounds like a madnasty exhause leak right at the turbo.... wtf???

just wondering what torque you guys used, the paperwork shows 26ft lbs. . .. so that's what it is.

i will be in the garage here in maine al night getting this fixxed, AS I GOTTA DRIVE BACK TO MASS IN THE AM

ANY HELP IS APRECIATED,

774-994-0289 ANYTIME TONITE

685-9130 UNTIL 11

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

~PHIL

akinaspeedstar

how did you tighen up the bolts? just one to the next? or in a star pattern? that can do it too. one side will pinch and the other wont seat. try pulling it back off checking your gasket. if you were closer i'd come give you a hand. best of luck!!

TheNailman

Warcock
gaskets are oem directly from our friends at Evergreen.

tightened all flanges in star pattern.

i just dont understand, i mean the 26ft lbs sounds like waaaay too little, but that's what perrin quotes for their uppipe, and a couple good writeups on nasioc agree. . .

im goin out to try again, plz cal if anyone has any ideas or suggestions.

774 994 0289 all night

207-685-9130 till 11

thanks again

~Phil

soposube

When I did my UP/DP on my old wrx I didn't even bother with a torque wrench. I just made them 'good n tigh't as inski would say.

Never had any leaks.

good luck

TheNailman

Warcock
took off right half of exhaust manifold, checked gaskets, looked good. reinstalled, retorqued. no leaks....go figure

cars waaay more than fun now
default_smile.png

Rightseat

that's the spirit--when in doubt, check everything and wrench the sheet out of it. Stick to the torque specs, overtightening now will lead to more leaks later. BTDT.

Evan

is there a pebble or piece of rust stuck in the gasket that's stopping it from seating properly?

TheNailman

Warcock
Yea, problem solved!

just drove back to boston, felt great the whole way, love the newfound powerz!

thanks for the replies everyone.

Latest posts

Back