someone might want to grab this!!!!!

Stein

Stein
will it fit a GC OBS?

seriously I can definitely afford $20 plus a few bolts here and there and hangers if mine won't fit with it.

4WRXter

Skier!
It could be made to fit at a muffler shop (Meineke, Midas...) for $50-$100. When I had my STi axleback done it was either $50 or $60.

Nate

Founding Father
that will not be worth the money. A wrx factory exhaust will not give you any more sound then what you have now. You need to upgrade to something with 100% less baffels in it. Bare minumum you need an STI axelback. then you spend the money to make it work at a muffler shop.

Honestly, best bet might be some ebay fart can style muffler.

Stein

Stein
ewww fart can

What can I do and not look like a ricer? I have a freaken wagon with bad paint. Ricey muffler is the last thing I want (until I get better paint
default_additional_iam.gif
).

Someone (i-wagon?) said I could bring pipe and Bruce's Burritos and use their mig welder/experience and make a pipe. This would be awesome but I'm not sure how cost-effective and/or feasible it will be.

This should be in my car log...

Nate

Founding Father
get a smaller JDM styled one. Nicer looking tip. Then sand it all down and paint it black. If mounted right, and not melting your bumper, or hanging down to the ground, it will be ok.

Im not too sure you can make a OBS look ricey. Inski did some exhaust on his red OBS. He might have some ideas.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Just make sure you don't get one that is too cheap!! They fall apart inside........Ask me how I know!!

Stein

Stein
get a smaller JDM styled one. Nicer looking tip. Then sand it all down and paint it black. If mounted right, and not melting your bumper, or hanging down to the ground, it will be ok.
Im not too sure you can make a OBS look ricey. Inski did some exhaust on his red OBS. He might have some ideas.
I was thinking WRB top color with dark gray bottom color.

win?
default_additional_lolwtf.gif

Nate

Founding Father
No im talking about painting the exhaust black. Haha. A crazy polished shiny fart can might look ricey. But if you're worried about it, painting it black with BBQ or high temp paint will look less ricey.

Stein

Stein
omgwtfbbq paint? sounds awesome.

I could also take a power drill to my muffler, but that would be sucky.

GClark

Just get a cheap STI exhaust like mine, 70 bucks and it looks good, sounds good. Ive always wanted a melon shooter though...

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Why is the stock exhaust so terrible again?
The farther back in time for subes was crazy exhaust. My own had a second catalyst reaction that melted steel, and it was a humble 9:1 compression carbed. All fuel injection have air bypass, nothing residuals hangs out waiting for a bad event, unless you are a dumb tuner (there, I said it out loud). Some have to take the risk out, the carbed is where that left off in history, the risks are all but nonexistant today.

OE exhaust and newer subes should be quite nice, even the crazy resonators acting as catalysts. I have only seen a few who truly met the exhaust needed for thier tune. A fart can exhaust is truly labeling your self a dummy. No straight through exhaust has an excuse. Especially four cylinders. they get the same size as a v8...ridiculous. don't get me going on facts, I will make fart cans and their owners even dummer.

my dads 550 hp caterpillar rig has two honeycombs standing almost 5 feet tall within a closed chambered muffler stack, with a 35psi turbo and 1350 ft pounds cramming it through...and the pipes are right outside the windows...no power loss whatsoever, even on a gummed up diesel.

Too late I guess, I just had to babble just one fact for you weird open exhaust runners.
default_smile.png

4 cyls have zero overlap, even if you think it does.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
... two honeycombs standing almost 5 feet tall within a closed chambered muffler stack ...
I had one of those on my car for a while. Stuck down to far though. I had serious clearance issues on back roads
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back