Special pricing @ Team O'Neil for MS members

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
This came up a while back in "Snow Driving Tips" thread, but this offer deserves its own thread.

Team O'Neil has offered a discounted rate for MS members who sign up for the Winter Safe driving class. Seeing some of the news on here of members stuffing into snowbanks, clouting curbs and punting phone poles, maybe it's time for a bit of organized skills-building??!!

Normal rate for one-day Winter Safe class is $395, the offer to MS members is $295. There are 3 dates available for this package: Feb 2, 9, and 16.

You will learn how to manage understeer/oversteer and threshold braking. You'll spend a couple of 2-hour sessions on the slalom course and go thru a multi-faceted accident avoidance training exercise. Best of all you get a couple laps on some real rally roads at the school, with instructor in the car to keep the Ken Block wannabes from going too crazy.

You will be driving your own car, with passengers in back -- so no stripped-out back seats racer-boyZ! Snow tires are highly recommended but not mandatory. On the other hand, we often DO spend lots of time towing all-season-shod cars out of the snowbanks, hint hint.

If you are interested, contact Nancy at the school, 603-444-4488. Tell her you are an MS member and that Dave G sent you. Available seats are limited, so don't hold back.

Dont be this guy......sign up NOW!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the class is really good, i did it a few years ago.... dave how much will it cost me to just come drive the roads haha

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Due to popularity of these programs (all January WS classes are fully booked) the school just added another February date to the Winter Safe calendar--Feb 9. Have updated original post accordingly.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Bump.

Looking thru the snow dorifto video thread, many of the drivers are struggling with power-on understeer, which limits their ability to do much except just one donut in one direction. They are trying to steer their cars into a drift with the steering instead of using brakes or weight transfer to make the cars change direction and really dance in the snow.

If you don't understand what this means, you need this course.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Lawdawg took the class several times. Each time he got a new car he did the class. I did the class with the old irish or scotsman and Chris Duplesis. My kids got to do it with Nigel and RezRob and a few other well established racer/instructors. Great facility. Great instructors. You'll learn life long skillz which are a necessity for this lovely state of Maine.

Don't be a victim of winter. Use it to your (personal inner twisted fun) advantage.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Take this class! It's a great way to become familiar with how your vehicle handles, and the physics wizardry behind it.

Snow tires highly recommended. The kid in Dave's photo was using his mom's outback with all seasons (blew the air out of one too on that snowbank). Track was so slick you could barely walk on it.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Thanks for the props guys...must admit I'm somewhat mystified @ lack of response from the MS dorifto boyZ to this excellent offer to save some big bucks. Maybe they actually DO know everything already?!!

Don't y'all get it? Learning Can Be Fun!

jojo69

Waiting on a friend to commit and I'll join if he does... If not def next year!

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

inski

Some of the recent students

100_2031.jpg

Ryan

100_2037.jpg

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Waiting on a friend to commit and I'll join if he does... If not def next year!

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
I wonder who that could be...
default_tongue.png

I am figuring out expenses right now, I am very interested though!

RedForester08

Thanks for the props guys...must admit I'm somewhat mystified @ lack of response from the MS dorifto boyZ to this excellent offer to save some big bucks. Maybe they actually DO know everything already?!!

Don't y'all get it? Learning Can Be Fun!
It is a great school. The MS deal is awesome pricing. Some just don't have the extra coin. Let alone have money for snow tires. I will be going but can only afford my son to take the school. I took it last time with other son. He has just a learners permit like my other son had and this is his first winter. This IS the BEST way to teach a new driver the PROPER way to drive in the snow.

Latest posts

Back