spray paint

CheySpec207

where can i get WRB in a spray can or a blue color that's close and that you wouldnt even notice is different if you know what i mean:D and how much will it cost

Nate

Founding Father
i got a can of premixed paint at car quest. i think the shade is off just a hair, but i guess i cant complain for $15.

CheySpec207

sweet can they do it same day or does it take a few days? i just wanna paint my sideskirts so im sure a lil difference wouldnt be noticable i hope lol

patsti

NitrousFed
evan got spray cans at westbrook napa and it matched... here is the thing. you need the right color primer,basecoat and enough top coats then enough clear coats to make it match. Keep in mind plastics need flex primer.

Nate

Founding Father
yah like pat said, there is NO WAY you are going to get them all painted from a rattle can. those cans are filled with like 1/5 of a pint of paint. or somethign silly small like that. you would need like 5 cans to put down the right amount of paint. then primer, and clearcoat. better off going down to a decently priced autobody shop for a job that big.

CheySpec207

crap i was trying to avoid bringing it to a body shop paying labor or whatever anybody know any suggestions on a place with decent pricing?

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Topsham Napa colormatching sucks big ones
that's because they pour it by hand
default_smile.png

who needs computers when you can guestimate???
default_banana.gif

patsti

NitrousFed
My friend cory is a well known painter. he just did my bumper for 200 and it was a hell of a deal (it was throw out time). It looks great! He has the colorchanging g35 around here and he painted it himself. He works at Lee and does side work. If you need something done at HALF THE BODY SHOP COST HE IS THE MAN... Oh yeah LIFE TIME PAINT WORK!!! HE IS THE MAN!

g35.jpg

Keep in mind this is not yet wet sanded and is doesn't need to be it is smooth as a shaved ass... It wont be waxed for a month. If you saw it before you would know how good it was. The last shop that painted it caused the urethane to feather and the bumper was crap. 2 shops told me it was unfixable.

Last edited by a moderator:

b13-t

Maine Auto Color matches paint and mixes it in house, they are in the Nissan building of Lee, or maybe the dodge building, in auburn. unsure of price.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
paint scratch or napa. I have paint entire cars with napa rattle cans and it cost WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less than a body shop!

the dark strip and the BRP were done with a rattle can

HPIM0779.jpg

patsti

NitrousFed
it can be done... and can look great... but... if not done right it will fade,crack,peal,run,oragepeel,smell bad, look bad, and be a waste of time.

I have painted a few cars with spray cans one was a 240 we did with 15 cans of walmart .99 cent spray paint in gloss black. Came out great. Still looks fine... but is faded. Had it been cleared for another $10 the car would look like it had a $400 super macco paint job.

Talk to Evan since he has painted parts with WRB in a can. He will def give you advice. PM him he is friendly to most. If he is mean to you then dont worry you prob suck as a person. I hope you dont tho.

Latest posts

Back