Spring group drive discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

So me and the mods have been discussing the drive and as always were stumped on where to go and whatnot. Opening the discussion up to to you all. Where would you like to go.....

brycetron

I was going to say Acadia but driving route 1 all the way up is generally a chore.  I know you guys did the White Mountains recently but that's always a blast.  Also, the cruise up to sugarloaf is a pretty fun one.

urabusturbo

I vote downeast somewhere. Tons of scenic roads and very little traffic. Probably too far for most but lubec, machiasport and cherryfield have some amazing routes.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Meet @ Farmington, the take 27 past Loaf up to Stratton, then 16 west to Rangeley, and 4 back down to Farm. That loop has great overlooks, fun side attractions of all kinds, xcellent food options and just awesome roads. The Maine Porsche Club has done group drives there for many years.

brycetron

Meet @ Farmington, the take 27 past Loaf up to Stratton, then 16 west to Rangeley, and 4 back down to Farm. That loop has great overlooks, fun side attractions of all kinds, xcellent food options and just awesome roads. The Maine Porsche Club has done group drives there for many years.
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nairb4

Just throwing this out there, but if you went 156 after leaving Farmington to go through Weld everyone could stop and have lunch at my wife's parent's store (subs, pizza, etc) in Weld.  You'd also be right across from my house
default_biggrin.png

Then just head out towards Phillips and get on Rt 4 there.

Could also stop at Mt Blue State Park and/or the Center Hill lookout.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
@nairb4, that road out by Mt Blue and Weld is a fine cutoff, not to mention having MS support ur family place. Help me remember, where is the road out by Tumbledown trailhead. I might or might not have gone probly Much Too Fast on that road back in the day?

Nairb4

@nairb4, that road out by Mt Blue and Weld is a fine cutoff, not to mention having MS support ur family place. Help me remember, where is the road out by Tumbledown trailhead. I might or might not have gone probly Much Too Fast on that road back in the day?
Yeah if you were coming from Farmington, it would be a couple miles after going through the center of Weld on the left, like you're going to go around Webb Lake.

If anyone is ever in the area, the store my wife's parent's opened is called Skoolhouse Variety (because it used to be the schoolhouse in town).  It's not the nasty old General Store that's been there forever.  Stop in and say hi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan99OBS

we could meet in Farmington and take 27 into Stratton area then get on 16 and go over the high of land down into rumford mexico area and back out to Farmington on rt. 2.

Loop is 149 miles, 3 hours 21 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:

maineTV88

Have you guys considered driving route 3 from Augusta and going up towards Belfast and connecting with route 1 there. You could go on to Bucksport and Verona and go over the big bridge and stuff. Even further is my hometown of Castine the roads going to Castine are very twisty and have many crests and drops definelty a fun all day drive!

Have you guys considered driving route 3 from Augusta and going up towards Belfast and connecting with route 1 there. You could go on to Bucksport and Verona and go over the big bridge and stuff. Even further is my hometown of Castine the roads going to Castine are very twisty and have many crests and drops definelty a fun all day drive!
As someone who has driven those same roads many times I agree. I may take a run down 166 tomorrow if I have enough of a break for lunch during my motorcycle class. From what I heard it was getting rough again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back