Spring Group Drive

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
dirt drive!?!?!?!?!?!?!? please elaborate=)
Can't wait! Rebuilding the GL and hopefully finding some wheels for dirty tires.

Oh wait ... this is tarmac thread, other car
default_smile.png

02 WRX Chris

Well if were gonna be in there for more than 2 hours, im not gonna SHE DOG and moan about the price anymore
default_tongue.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
So it should come out somewhere around 450 miles for me total. Maybe if I drive really slow I can do it in one tank.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I would have gotten the season pass cuz my gf and I go there all the time during the summer. but holy eff garret that is one long trip around the island!!

GClark

Holy crap, that will take me at least a tank and a half. Oh well.

This is why we are filling up before heading into Bar Harbor. We'll also stop on the way out.

Yes its going to use some fuel up, and yes, that costs money, especially now. But, we are a car club, so driving is one of those fundamental things we have to do, as a car club. We only have one, maybe two of these a year. It's also going to take longer now, so plan accordingly to that. If you need to tap out early, by all means. Can't wait!
default_banana.gif

02 WRX Chris

wow, im lucky if I can get like 300 miles a tank. This may be a 2 tank day ><. Gotta save my pennies!

GClark

Total trip length:

7.6hrs without lunch, stops, or gas factored in. Maybe 9 ish with everything. Maybe less, depends on our driving and traffic.

That means we will be back in Augusta for 5ish.

Total miles:

Ray

The Northernah'
maybe we should all keep track of how much money we spend on gas and add it together to see exactly what was spent on fuel for the day?

GClark

Alright so Dan, Nate, Rob, and I took a pre-drive drive to MDI. Im going to change a few things on the route, like take out route 131 and just go down rt1. 131 is one of the worst roads I've ever been on. Rt. 1 will take longer, but our cars wont fall apart. We will also might take a detour around Ellsworth that Rob showed us. It would take forever to get through Ellsworth and there is a nice gas station right where the detour comes out.

It cost me(who gets like 18mpgs, probably less because of aggressive driving
default_biggrin.png
) 25 dollars to get to Ellsworth. The island put me to about 3/4 of a tank and I got home (Lewiston) with a half a tank left. So I really didn't use that much, maybe 60 bucks in gas. The first part of the drive is more of a cruise, long straight aways, nothing exciting. That all changes on MDI however, Rob showed me some amazing roads. Cadillac mt is so much fun, it more then makes up for rt 1.

Some pictures:

Coming down Cadillac

View

Preview of some roads

I also got pulled over in Ellsworth, for nothing. I think we were going 15 when he flipped his lights on. He checked everywhere on the car, fenders, wheels, front plate, etc... Couldn't find anything to ticket me on, so he let us go. Another reason to skip Ellsworth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

looks awesome to me.....ill be gone all next week so ill be looking forward to this. nice work g

XDIRTYX

maine sucks, why don't we have 93 octane again? ive only ever put about 2 gallons of 91 in my car and its 81 miles from my place just to the starting point. I can get over 400 from a full tank everyday driving put this trip would put a hurtin on that and I don't really want to be driving around with an extra can of gas in my car. what to do, what to do...anyone taking a truck by any chance? or even better a brat!?

Latest posts

Back