squeaking coming from my clutch pedal?

Geist

I hai there.

I have this squeaking noise I can hear whenever I press my clutch in, but I can't pinpoint it for the life of me. Is it safe to just give the assembly a bath in some wd-40?

Btw did you know that wd-40 gets its name from the lab book it was created from? It was the 40th attempt at making a water displacing solution.

default_wink.png
(I saw that on tv yesterday LOL)

Impreza05

WD 40 will wear off quickly though. Try silicone spray instead. WD 40 also has many uses, Someone clips your car and there is paint transfer, rag+WD40 wipe= paint gone. Black shoe marks on floor in your house, same steps just use soap and water after or you will slip and fall.

:thumbsup:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
WD 40 will wear off quickly though. Try silicone spray instead. WD 40 also has many uses, Someone clips your car and there is paint transfer, rag+WD40 wipe= paint gone. Black shoe marks on floor in your house, same steps just use soap and water after or you will slip and fall.

:thumbsup:
+1

Rightseat

Is it safe to just give the assembly a bath in some wd-40?
well, maybe not a BATH. bath not necessary, too much lube smells, drips on clothes, stains nice new suede boat mocs. BTDT. :sad5:

so...lay upside down on your head in the driver's footwell with a flashlight in one hand and a can of spray lube in the other (with one of those long spritzer thingies on it). press clutch, see where it pivots, lube there. squeek goes byebye.

my fave spray lube is Techron, first discovered it working on bikes. much better/more durable lubrication and better penetration than WD. smells good enough to put on your breakfast bagel (almost)

akinaspeedstar

mine and evils do that too. the boot around the clutch fork can get ripped and dry. just spray some lube down there and work it back and forth you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back