SRT-4 Build Pics

ChadSRT

took my car off the road for a while to do a garrett 57trim turbo setup and while it i had the car parked decided to do some body work

stock turbo beside .57 trim

DSCN0797.jpg

ss 38mm dump tube that was made for me

DSCN0798.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

more pics to come:2468:

Tyler

Yeah, major difference between those two things haha. You said you didn't have traction before?
default_smile.png

Nate

Founding Father
Wondered why i hadnt seen you around for a while. Good luck, that things gonna be fun.

ChadSRT

That is a funky looking stock turbo.
yes it is a very funky setup. its a turbofold turbo and manifold in one and the surge valve or blow off valve it bolted directly on the compressor housing and blows off back into the compressor housing

DSCN0808.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

then heres my new turbo and manifold without the o2 housing or external wastegate hooked up

DSCN0811.jpg

-----Added 10/29/2009 at 12:50:47-----

and Gclark that srt in the video only has 300 and a stock turbo im hoping to kreep up on the 400 mark and ill be making WAY more noise then that thing.... bangs and backfires FTW!

Nate

Founding Father
Cant wait till you get it on the road. Just recently turbo upgraded my car with external wastegate. Man its fun, and noisy

ChadSRT

haven't thought much about it the srts came with lsd in 04 and 05, i have an 03 so i missed out on that so i might try to pick up an 04-05 lsd and maybe fab up some traction bars

-----Added 10/29/2009 at 04:37:07-----

and now for the body work...my front bumper was in awful condition so there was a lot of grinding and repairing on that so laid down a nice thick coat of primer

DSCN0805.jpg

i bought a pvo carbon trunk lid spoiler off the srtforum and showed up in bad shape and was cracked and didnt line up correctly from previous owner having it molded so i was forced to mold it to my trunk to have it look right

DSCN0803.jpg

DSCN0807.jpg

Evan

that certainly is a crazy turbo setup. i remember from wrenching on my friends' srt right when it came out that the BOV was integral, but i didnt know the wastegate was too.

i guess its good that the bov charge air goes right towards spinning the turbo back up, but what about all the air that just stopped dead in the front mount and intercooler pipes? it must hurt spool up to have to get that air moving again.

do they give any reason for that funky manifold set up too? it looks like the right two and left two cylinders are pretty unbalanced for flow.

Stein

Stein
Looks sweet man! So what are you going to do about traction?
buy a subi?

I keed, I keed!

That turbo looks mean! Can't wait to see it all put together. And I expect some videos then.

ChadSRT

not really sure for the reasoning behind the stock setup but i know its a mitsubishi turbo and is actualy a very powerfull quick spooling turbo....maybe they did is so if something happens with the turbo you have to go through dodge and not a direct mitsubishi replacement.....ya dave the car has been off the road for a couple weeks ive been collecting parts for the swap for a while now, so im waiting for an o2 housing to come in and she will be back on the road hopefully next week sometime

Evan

yeah i remember my friend complaining that dodge made all the parts so that you had to buy it from them in order to mod it. monopoly ftw!

Latest posts

Back