stacking subtle lifts?

injulen

If you want to go that route, why don't you just get some 1/4" thick square steel stock. Drill holes on each side. bolt them to the struts, then bolt them to the car. That's how many od the old school Subaru guys lift their cars, and then wheel the shit out of them!
I considered that but the ease of installing these blocks coupled with not having to fabricate anything made me already order them xD. They're in a box in my living room.
Yes but those are body lift block for a truck and I've seen them crack on the trucks which is a less stressful area then where your putting them but if your just making a off-road buggy then it's not a huge deal beat it till it breaks
default_smile.png
They are rated for 8 tons. Glass reinforced nylon.
Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread blmpkn!

Edit 2: I double checked and 8 tons is wrong. The site claims 30 tons!

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

Eh, I know a few guys with 3" on the front lol. Axles wear out faster, but they still keep going! My 2" worked great for me, never had any issues. Putting Forester struts on an Impreza, gives you 2" of lift, so it's not much different.
I'm not saying they can't handle it what I'm saying is they don't like it you show me one subaru that has more than a 1.5" of lift in the front that hasn't torn the cv boot within 5k miles of installing the lift

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'm not saying they can't handle it what I'm saying is they don't like it you show me one subaru that has more than a 1.5" of lift in the front that hasn't torn the cv boot within 5k miles of installing the lift
Lol, show me a Subaru that's lifted more than an inch without doing that! It's gonna happen no matter what. Just loosen the clamp on the inner part of the shaft and it'll help make them last longer. But I definitely agree.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Don't waste your money on stacking blocks just buy a pair of these I just installed them on my 08 and they fit just fine and buy a pair of 1" inch spacers for the front from paranoid that way you won't have to worry about the but sagging plus the fronts really don't like anything more then a 1.5"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-Forester-Rear-Strut-coil-assembly-quick-complete-pair-shock-03-08-/281232181161?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Subaru&hash=item417abe87a9
Awesome link thanks gabe, this will definitely be the way I go in the rear. Coupled with the 03-08 rear struts for extra tire clearance.

Is there a clearance benefit going with 03-08 front struts? Will they even bolt up? Or should I just use sf fronts?

I considered that but the ease of installing these blocks coupled with not having to fabricate anything made me already order them xD. They're in a box in my living room.They are rated for 8 tons. Glass reinforced nylon.Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread blmpkn!Edit 2: I double checked and 8 tons is wrong. The site claims 30 tons!
Not a problem man!

I had something very similar to these on my Forester. I used steel cylindrical blocks, threaded all the way through. And my buddy has been using the same thing for a few years now.This is his 02 Forester with a 2" lift and Super Swampers
Are those swampers the h78-15lt's? Interco #sam-07. That's what I want wrapped on my wheels.

SUBARUDE

Yes they fit Jason had them on his 98 forester and yes there is a clearance benefit to running them over the 98-02 rears

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Paranoid, as far as I can tell from what they have on their site, no longer offer 1" front lift blocks that will fit my car. Anybody have some? Or leads on a company that does?

SUBARUDE

In the front you will want to go at least a .5" shorter than the rear to offset butt sag and if you will be hauling stuff it will help keep it level and I won't be able to meet up with you till 5-6 this evening if that's ok

Latest posts

Back