STI EJ257 Stock Parts For Sale

default_smile.png
I figured that. But I'm new in the turbo world, looking at possible upgrades to my stock OBXT turbo when I get to tuning. But I don't think I want to get into upgrading fuel system, etc. What I have read the vf52 from the 09-12 WRX is basically the max I can go without those supporting upgrades. How does that turbo compare to the vf52?

Megulpha

default_smile.png
I figured that. But I'm new in the turbo world, looking at possible upgrades to my stock OBXT turbo when I get to tuning. But I don't think I want to get into upgrading fuel system, etc. What I have read the vf52 from the 09-12 WRX is basically the max I can go without those supporting upgrades. How does that turbo compare to the vf52?
I really am not sure how it compares other then I would think it makes slightly more boost and the way it holds that boost is probably different. I know stock wrx turbos fall off really hard on the top end as do the stock sti ones however it's a lot more significant on the wrx turbo.
FYI this turbo is not ready to go straight in. It had been starved of oil and the fan is not balanced anymore. There is no damage internally and it can be repairered, obviously that reflects the price of it quite a bit. I'm looking to get $300 for it and it could be fixed for around $300-500 that's $800 and you will have a brand new turbo. Even stock ones cost around 1,200 I believe.

Place in Tampa FL called boost lab can hook it up they do all turbo repairs all day

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
The turbo is also not a bolt in for the outback xt. The STi intake set up differs from the outback xt, the same as it differs from any 08+ wrx.

Latest posts

Back